Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm trying to find if there's a way to post recurring scheduled listings. For example, I would like to list a certain template once a day for a week. Or an item at a certain time each week.

Would there be any way to do this without going through and scheduling each individual listing time?

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi nexus_industries,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. While we do not currently offer any functionality that would allow you to do what you have described in one action, we realize that offering something of this nature would be beneficial to a number of customers and it is on our list of features to consider when planning future site update.

As it stands now, the only way to set up a scheduling theme through Auctiva would be to go through the scheduling process a separate time for each time that you would like the items in question to post.

We do offer auto relisting functionality that would allow you to set up certain listings to post at the same time each week, but this feature would only allow you to do this effectively if you are using durations of less than 7 days.

If you would like to explore what our auto relisting functionality can do, I recommend mousing over the "Profiles" tab and selecting the "Create New" option under "Auto Relisting". If you create an auto relist profile and you would like an item you are posting to relist automatically if the conditions in the auto relist profile are met, you would just need to choose that profile from the "Auto Relist Profile" drop down menu on the Auctiva listing creation page.

You could potentially use the "Recurrence" section within an Auto Relist Profile to indicate that the item should be relisted weekly at a certain day/time, but the reason this would only work reliably if you are using durations of less than 7 days is because there is often a small delay between when an item actually closed on eBay and our system recognizes it.

Therefore, if you posted a listing at 5 PM PST in association with an Auto Relist Profile configured to relist the item automatically on Sundays at 5 PM PST if the conditions in the "I Want to Auto Relist" section are met, and our system did not recognize the listing closed until 5:05 PM PST on the following Sunday, the relist would actually not occur until the Sunday after that at 5 PM PST which would be a week later than desired.

If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
Hey Nexus...

Just a word of warning, from my lessons learned file. Roll Eyes

Be sure you read the options on auto-relist very carefully. I made a goof a long time ago, when I first tried it out this feature. I inadvertently told it to relist only if items sold.

So, when the item did actually SELL, my listing automatically relisted, on an item which I only had one of in my inventory. Doh! Which might not have been too bad, except when I realized the item had relisted in error, and I canceled it, it very efficiently relisted itself AGAIN! Oops.

I did eventually get the hang of programing auto-relist to do what I wanted it to do. Which was to continue relisting my 30-day fixed price listings, until I decided to put them on hiatus. (which I do sometimes, with seasonal clothing.) It is a great tool, when you know what you are doing. Big Grin

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.