Skip to main content

Hi Canuck.2008,

Thanks for posting your question here. I reviewed the saved listing from which you posted this item in your Auctiva account and was able to determine that this occurred because the scrolling gallery and Sellathon counter HTML code were included within the description editor. As a result, when the template was applied to the listing, those features were placed within the template along with the regular description text.

I noticed that this saved listing is labeled as an “Imported Listing” so I have a feeling this happened inadvertently because the “Import Listings” button on the Closed Listings page was used to create this saved listing from a closed listing that already contained these features.

When the “Import Listings” button on the Closed Listings page is used, our system basically goes out to the closed listing in question on eBay, grabs all the description HTML, and places that within the description editor on the resulting saved listing. Generally speaking, it is best not to use this feature for listings that already contain Auctiva features.

In order to correct this problem, you will first want to remove the scrolling gallery and Sellathon counter HTML from the description editor of the saved listing from which you posted the item and then save the changes by clicking the “Save” button.

The easiest way to do so is probably so copy your description text from the Standard version of the editor, click the “Source” code to get to the description HTML, delete all that HTML, then click the “Source” button to get back to Standard mode, and the paste your description text back into the Standard version of the editor.

Once you have removed the HTML code used to generate these features from the description editor within this listing and then saved your changes, you should then be able to apply those changes to the active eBay listing via the following process:

1) Click the "<HTML> icon to the right of the item on your "Saved Listings" page
2) Select All and copy the html in the popup window.
3) Locate the item on eBay and click the "Revise Item" button.
4) Scroll down to the "Description" section and then click the "HTML" tab above the description editor.
5) Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, and save your changes.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.