Skip to main content

Wondering if it would be worth it to open a basic store for one month to take advantage of the special? I usually stick to my auto parts, but recently started to sell lots of other miscellaneous $10-$20 itmes, but not many big-ticket stuff. If there's any math wizards out there, what would be the "break-even" point to make it worthwhile? what other factors would I need to look at? And would it look bad to have a store with car parts and....collectibles?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks lady Sue! I guess it's a moot point now since the listing fee sale is over now. Who knows when ebay will have one again! My auto parts have been doing well for many years on ebay, so I don't think i'll be hauling my goods to a local car show any time soon. I just thought it would look funny to open a store and have it show my collectibles alongside my car parts.
Thanks for your help though!
On a similar vein - I sell second hand watches , and start them all at 99p to fnd their own level. But I also have a lot of unused quality leather straps, that cost from £10 - £40 new. I find it is just too risky to put them in a ten day auction at 99p - they get about 2 or 3 watchers whereas my watches get maybe 20 or 30 or more. What I would like to do is put them on as 30 day 'buy-it-now' items - but it costs 40p each to list - putting a hundred £20 straps on at £5 , or £10 straps at £3 and paying 40p to list them is quite pricey, especially if they do not sell ( I do not know , but if I work on a sell rate of one in five I would be paying £2 for each item sold !) - what would people recommend as the most efficient way to sell them - I have thought about setting up my own website - is that easy/ feasible ? What sort of costs would be involved in that ?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.