Skip to main content

Hello Community,

We have updated the Auctiva site earlier today, adding an important new feature for you.

First, we are pleased to announce the availability of our advanced new Auctiva Multi-Variation Tool. For sellers listing in "Clothing, Shoes & Accessories" and "Home & Garden (including most subcategories)," for which you may offer several variations (e.g., sizes and colors) of the same basic product, eBay's item variations listing option is a great choice. This feature can save you time by eliminating the need to create separate listings for each variation, while also reducing listing insertion fees.

Auctiva's Multi-Variation Tool allows sellers to easily utilize this money-saving eBay option from within the Auctiva Lister Page. The user interface provided by Auctiva Multi-Variation is the most streamlined and user friendly available in any product.

The Auctiva Multi-Variation Tool is now available for both Premium and Unlimited Plan Users. It will be necessary for Basic Plan users to upgrade their plan to either the Unlimited or Premium Plans in order to post multi-variation listings to eBay using the Auctiva tool.

Auctiva Multi-Variation is fully usable by all Premium and Unlimited Plan users who wish to use it, but is currently labeled as ‘Beta.’ The Beta label recognizes that we will be watching this new feature carefully in its early days, to insure that any unforeseen difficulties that may arise are addressed quickly. We also will be monitoring feedback from ‘real world’ users for possible enhancements.

Please be aware that we have tested multi-variations with a number of different browsers, including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Opera. Most of our testing is using new versions of these browsers. Therefore, you will likely have the best experience using Auctiva Multi Variations if you are use the newest browser versions.

Links to Recent Previous Update Announcements

December 15, 2009 Update

November 19 2009 Update

November 10, 2009 Update
Auctiva Tony M. Sr. Product Manager, Auctiva.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sounds great! Thanks for these updates! It's good to see Auctiva moving along with updates to the site quite regularly.

Does this mean that it will be easy to implement the Multi-Variation Tool to the Car Parts and Accessories section that eBay is updating at the end of March? Or do you foresee that taking some time as well like this one did?

Keep up the good work! Auctiva is a great help for all of us who post many listings on eBay. There are still some very useful features that need to be implemented but we have confidence they will be worked on. Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by AutomotiveStyle:
Sounds great! Thanks for these updates! It's good to see Auctiva moving along with updates to the site quite regularly.

Does this mean that it will be easy to implement the Multi-Variation Tool to the Car Parts and Accessories section that eBay is updating at the end of March? Or do you foresee that taking some time as well like this one did?

Keep up the good work! Auctiva is a great help for all of us who post many listings on eBay. There are still some very useful features that need to be implemented but we have confidence they will be worked on. Thanks!
From what we understand, our multi-variations tool will work with any category that eBay has announced so far. So, when a new category is made eligible by eBay for multi-variations, listings, you should be able to use Auctiva's multi-variations tool without delay.
I have some issues prevent me to list items to ebay with variations. I have created 8 variations and this is the message i received when trying to post:
Additional cost for shipping options is required when quantity is more than one.

When I go back to fix my shipping tools, the additional cost is grayed out.

I also noticed that when I have tried to edit my variations. All of my created variations are not there anymore.

I'm using firefox 3.5.7

Thank you
I am having the same problem when trying to list in certain categories with multi-variations. I get an API error after scheduling an auction to post that says eBay requires the additional shipping cost to be specified when the quantity is more than one, but when I try to fix this under Shipping Options in the auction listing, it doesn't allow me to click on the box to add the additional item shipping cost. This error happens when using the 'create individual variation' under the Add New Variation section. A shipping cost box needs to be added as a standard option here along with size, color, quantity, etc..it looks like that was overlooked in this section.
I am still having a problem when trying to schedule an auction with multi-variation using the 'create individual variation' under the Add New Variation section. This is specifically for the Home & Garden eBay category - Inside the Home - Home Decor & Accents - Photo Frames & Display. When I try to use 'create individual variation' it gives me the options of Photo Size, Dominant Color, Quantity and Price, but when I add a new variation to the Created Variations with these options selected, there is an error with the 3"x5", 3.5"x5" variation under the Photo Size tab. It somehow cuts off the rest of the description for this variation and just says '3' (not 3"x5", 3.5"x5") and this is causing an API error and the auction won't post. Can this be fixed soon? Thanks.
Is there any way to save variations in profiles when switching to a different category. When switching to a different category have to enter all variations again. The only solution I see is to list all items with the same category and edit the category after listing to ebay. I have approx. 200 different items that will use the same set of variations but will be listed in different categories.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cliff

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.