Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am new here with Auctiva. I guess I do not understand the Store thing. If Auctiva store only links with items listed on eBay, then why is it needed? In Ebay they only have to click View Sellers Other Items. And if I do not have an eBay store, I can not list GTC in an Auctiva store. So, it doesn't help there. Can anyone elighten me if I am naive? Thanks, Robert
I was wondering the same things. I'm totally confused. In one place, it sounds like you can create a store on Auctiva and post the link anywhere. In another place it sounds like it only uses active listings which, I'm assuming refers to active ebay listings.

Since it says we get a domain name, it sounds like if someone clicked on the domain link it would take them to Auctiva and not ebay.

Auctiva, please enlighten us. I would love to be able to have a store on Auctiva without having to have it ONLY connected to my ebay listings.
As of right now, if someone comes across your Auctiva store and clicks on an item, yes, it will take them to the Ebay listing. (I've run across Auctiva Stores while Googling) The Auctiva Store comes free when you sign up, we all have one.

However, sometime in the near future, Auctiva is introducing stand alone stores that will be seperate from Ebay. There were alot of discussions about this and wouldn't you know I can't find any links right now Frown

As for Glory's question...I don't have an Ebay store and really don't know too much about them. If you CONSISTANTLY have alot of items to sell it might be a good idea. But store items are pretty much buried in a search, you need to have some regular auctions to drive people to your store. There are times when I have literally PAGES of auctions running on Ebay and they do just fine being auctions. There are alot of answers here that might help you make a decision:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=S...rchString=ebay+store
Stores save you money, Auctiva saves you money, and a domain name will direct buyers to your eBay store.
Unless you have a stand alone expensive website with many items for sale and is linked on other sites, no one will ever find your store. Who gets top listings on Goggle? Just the megastores.
None of us love eBay but they have millions of ads on search engines and links on websites directing buyers back to your store. I was listing on ebidz (one of eBays small competitors) as a trial and at the top of their page there were eBay adds, that's just wrong!! I have seen links for my fishermen sunglasses on fishing websites and have gotten sales from them.
Log on to eBay and read the store tutorials and and fees, and then make your choice. Also read the advantages of listing with Auctiva (cool templates etc.). If you are just selling yardsale items you don't need a store, but if you are buying wholesale and have many of the same items for sale a store work fine. I hope this helps, you need to do your homework and sleep on it for awhile, and good luck.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.