Skip to main content

For about a week or so there are a few things at eBay that I just can't do anymore.

One example: When in My eBay I can't click on my user ID at the top to get into my feedback. If it's actually just a lag then it's very long and I haven't waited it out.

However, if I go to one of my listings and click on the feedback link there, I can get into it with no problem.

There are a couple of other eBay functions I've had difficulty with lately too.

Is it just me? I'm using Firefox but haven't upgraded it lately or made any other changes. And the rest of the Internet seems to be working okay for me..
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Oh, and here's something else:

Lately, most eBay pages continue "loading" non-stop for me. They only stop when I click the Stop button or navigate to another page. The page actually finishes loading -- as far as I can see -- but it's obviously still doing something.

In Firefox I keep noticing that animated "loading" icon in the tab and it drives me nuts.

Does this sound symptomatic of anything you folks are aware of?
Rick,
I'm not having any difficulties either..but that doesn't mean that you don't.
You don't have the eBay "foolbar" installed, do you? That's spyware and tracks you.

I've been using Advanced Browser lately. It's IE with all the junk taken out. Really flies, too! Plus it's secure.

It's odd that only Auctiva does this and not the rest of the net..it doesn't point to a virus but run a scan to be on the safe side.

For those who do use IE...here's a page you might be interested in...
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=rockboss2000

Take care, Donna
I've since realized that these pages will load but they're taking a really, really long time.

My wife has also informed that the same thing happens every time she logs out of Hotmail too. It appears that she never gets logged out but she actually does.

And guess what? She says it's been happening since I installed the full version of ZoneAlarm.

Anybody have any idea what setting in ZoneAlarm (if any) could be causing this problem?
quote:
Oh, and here's something else:

Lately, most eBay pages continue "loading" non-stop for me. They only stop when I click the Stop button or navigate to another page. The page actually finishes loading -- as far as I can see -- but it's obviously still doing something.

In Firefox I keep noticing that animated "loading" icon in the tab and it drives me nuts.

Does this sound symptomatic of anything you folks are aware of?

Thank God it isn't my computer. I've been noticing this for almost a month. It does it in both firefox and opera. It isn't just you. Ebay is having several issues, like no item found in searches, too many results, page not found, etc etc ... Last week it even said my store didn't exist when I did a search, which I know it does so just tried again and it came up. But if someone looks for my store and it says don't exist, how many are going to try again?

I've never been a ebay basher, but lately things are just messed up and I'm not a happy camper.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.