Skip to main content

I have in my settings a check mark in the box for adjust for daylight savings time. But all my auctions that I scheduled to start for 9 all of them now say start time 8 and when I went to change the start time the clock seem to be an hour off so does that mean all my listings that say 9 will start and 10 and how do I change it back to the correct time?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I find that setting not to be as intuitive as it would suggest. I believe the setting corresponds to whether you want to time adjust to match a DST situation during DST, i.e. I'm in the US and toggle that setting to compensate for DST when I'm under DST and turn it OFF when DST isn't in effect (for me). That's how I've done it for the past two years to operate and it has worked. I just toggled mine for today's switch and thanks for that reminder.

Remember.....Auctiva is International for service, so I can't fault them for allowing a setting to help adjust for those needing it. Unfortunately, the intuitive thinker would turn it on believing it automatically adjusts only during DST for your location (like the Windows DST setting).

Dan
Hmmmm.....That makes me curious if the Auctiva server clocks are wrong and haven't been adjusted for DST. Since DST has been moved-up by law, that possiblity would make sense (software for the automatic adjustment isn't there).

I just did a test and the scheduler does appear to suggest a 4 (rather than) 3 hour difference from EDT to PDT. I keep my Auctiva Timezone set to the PST/PDT, i.e. to ebay/Auctiva local Caly time. I rechecked my settings and am set to Pacific Time with Adjust for Daylight Savings Time checked.

Dan
The evidence that the server clocks are wrong is easy to see. The Forum post time for this message should be about 1:50 PM PDT. If the message time is actually 12:50 PM, the clock is wrong.

My suggestion (until they fix the problem) is to remove that check for Daylight Time on settings. However, they could adjust the clocks at any time, so it would be best for Auctiva to recommend or state when they will fix to avoid scheduled submission errors.

This clock problem seems like Deja Vu. Was that Bill that just passed by with a Groundhog driving? Big Grin

And, WE GOT 20 INCHES OF SNOW IN 24 HOURS in COLUMBUS IN MARCH! Razz

Dan

Update: Well, it's off. Does the expression: "It's later than you think." make your head spin.
I live in California and though the clock here on this page matches my pacific standard time correctly - it is one hour beind in my scheduler.

So according so some advice here, I should set it (in SETTINGS) one hour ahead to whatever time is ahead of PST which would be Alaska time. But what do you call that I wonder?

Anyway, there is no assurance the correct time won't kick in when ever it chooses so I am wondering:

Is there any new information about how to get the correct time on the scheduling clock other than in account settings, setting the time to an hour later than my correct time zone? It's a bit confusing.

Thanks
Last edited by hippophile1
Hi - Seems Auctiva did not adjust for DST, while ebay did, so Auctiva was one hour behind ebay yesterday. Fixed the posting problem by manually posting rather than relying on the schedule feature. I just noticed that Auctiva still hasn't adjusted for DST, except for the forum time stamps. I am going to file a support request on this now.
I'm in Maryland.
I have all my listings to list between 10pm EST - 11:30pm EST.
Since yesterday my listings are NOT listing on the time I choose- They are all listing a hour LATER which is not working for me and now is going to mess up my auctions for next week.
I have e-mail the support team twice since yesterday and have received NO responce..
When is this going to be fixed?
Hate being a "Clock Watcher", but my check of the Scheduler just a few minutes ago has it back in sync with PDT, i.e. FIXED AGAIN. By fixed, if you see the Scheduler give you a Start Time that's about 4-5 minutes ahead of current actual time, it's CORRECT. I use PST/DST for my Auctiva clock setting to keep me mindful of my National/International sales and synced with ebay's clock. That means the Scheduler Clock should always show about 3 hours ahead of my Eastern Zone. I always have to flip the DST adjustment On/Off when DST flips to get it correct.

Let's hope the Techs figured it out and it stays that way. Wink

Danno
Hi Community,

Thanks for bring this to our attention. We have received numerous reports from customers for which the "Adjust for Daylight Savings" setting is not working properly, and our engineering team is currently looking into these reports. I'm not quite sure when we'll be able to get a fix for this problem in place at the moment, but I'll post further updates on this thread when additional information becomes available.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support department using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
Yesterday I unchecked my preference for daylight savings time. This morning I went back to my preferences and checked the box for daylights savings and when I looked at my scheduled auctions they changed from the 8pm CST to 9pm CST that I had originally listed them before the time change on Sunday. This afternoon I looked at my scheduled listings again and they are back to the 8pm times.
So what ever you the Auctiva staff did since this morning has not worked but instead reverted to the wrong scheduled times. This is getting very disgusting that two days after the time change this problem has not been fixed.
Hi.
quote:
This is getting very disgusting that two days after the time change this problem has not been fixed.

Disgusting??? Roll Eyes Good grief! Please see...
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

Thanks for bring this to our attention. We have received numerous reports from customers for which the "Adjust for Daylight Savings" setting is not working properly, and our engineering team is currently looking into these reports. I'm not quite sure when we'll be able to get a fix for this problem in place at the moment, but I'll post further updates on this thread when additional information becomes available.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support department using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Yep, they're workin' on it. Thanks Auctiva! Wink What more can we ask!
Hi Community,

Update - I just received word from our technical team that a fix for this issue has been implemented. Therefore, as long as you have the "Adjust for Daylight Savings Time" box checked in your account preferences, the times reflected within your Auctiva account should now be accurate.

If you are still experiencing any problems with respect to the DST change, please contact our customer support department using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.