Skip to main content

quote:
A quick glance at ebid shows only 1 item out of 75 in my category with a bid on it--just one. And just one bid.
I don't care so much about an extra 10% if I can't sell anything. lol.

Here is how I see this issue.
Ebay is better than ebid at this point. However ebay is running around like a chicken with its head cut off. God only knows what kind of crazy crap ebay will pull on us next.

So with all this in mind I moved my shop "STORE" to ebid.

I still auction off a FEW things on ebay, Small + cheap items mostly. I do this ONLY to bring people over to ebid.

Now with ebay headed downhill like a run-a-way train I am headed back uphill, rebuilding what I lost because of ebay's foolishness!

I believe ebay is still headed DOWN hill and the management isn't done making foolish mistakes. Why in heck would I stick around eBay and let them damage my business even more? IMO That would just be foolish.

Anyone could start selling at ebid and maintain an ebay account also. I call this "Covering all your bases".

About this time next year I am betting my ebid store will be taking off yet at the same time ebay will still be in decline mode.

Also about this time next year all you ebay users will be faced with a bunch of new rules and ebay UN-improvements coupled with yet more PRICE HIKES. I hope you all are ready for the next round of ebay BS, you know it's only a matter of time before it happens. The only question is, "How bad will it be and how bad will it screw all the ebay members?"

Please forgive me if I don't stick around ebay and share the pain with you all. I am out of painkillers and I look terrible in an eBay jumpsuit

I guess that the people who remain at ebay are the type of people that like Pain and suffering.
After all, Ebay has been slapping around its members for about 5 years now. Just this last year ebay really beat-up on its sellers but good yet again.

I don't know, call me crazy or something but I simply will not reward ebay for its mismanagement and SUPER BAD treatment of its members.

Over the last 5 years or so ebay has turned into the bully on the block, taking all the kids lunch money. I simply will not reward this company for its bad manners.

As long as you stay at ebay I am sure ebay will be more than happy to continue screwing you any which way they see fit.

Just go look at the ebay message bases everyone is upset and complaining at ebay.
Now go read the message bases over at ebid it’s mainly all peace and harmony.

My life at ebid is now peaceful. I am out from under all the EXTRA work created by the ebay management morons and all the craziness associated with ebay.

The main question is.....
Is ebay helping you and your company grow or is it hindering growth.
10 years ago ebay helped me and my company grow. Today they are sucking me and my company DRY. Ebay is even dictating what kinds of payments I can and can't except! ----------I believe it's time to leave ebay and let them deal with the cesspool of a place they created all on their own.

IMO leaving ebay, is the ONLY way ebay will ever learn its lesson and change its ways.

By staying at ebay you are rewarding them for their actions and you are also setting yourself up for "MORE OF THE SAME BS" from the ebay mismanagement team.
Last edited by dsouth
MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT WITH EBAY IS THAT THEY NOW WILL NO LONGER LET SELLERS MENTION ANY OTHER FORM OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED OTHER THAN PAYAPL. GREED SUMS THAT ALL UP - EBAY OWNS PAYPAL!!
I HAVE LOST BUSINESS BECAUSE OF THIS!! AFTER CONTACTING EBAY THEY DID INFORM ME THAT OTHER FORMS OF PAYMENT COULD BE ACCEPTED AT OUR RISK WE JUST CANB NO LONGER MENTION: MONEY ORDERS OR CASHIERS CHECKS IN OUR LISTING'S...
THIS IN MY OPINION IS A BIG MISTAKE ON THE PART OF EBAY!!
quote:
Originally posted by otherworld:
how are you able to get people from ebay to your new site? i mean i guess i kinda know, but not really IYSWIM

I own my own domain name, my cost for that was 9 bucks. When I opened my ebid store I used my domain name as my store name. My domain name forwards to my ebid store.

I then run small ebay auctions and I make sure I add my contact email address, in bold, in the listings.
People see my email addy as admin@mydomainname.com and follow the domain straight to my ebid store. So far it is working like a charm.

After all my ebay sales I "rubber stamp" my packing slips with my ebid domain name and other website address.

The thing is, many people are really fedup with ebay, getting them over to another site isn't very hard. In fact it is really easy at this point.
With Ebay, my income is approx $3500 - $5000 a month. We have some other venues that bring around $1000 each. I have set certain days of the week that I work on a certain area of my business. I am trying to get away from Ebay, so I work more on the other venues. As it is clear, the income from Ebay is not something to let go just yet. It is decreasing, while the others are increasing. But, until my income from Ebay is replaced completely by one of the other areas, I will stay. It is just part of doing business. And we adapt to the changes - just like in any other part of life.
quote:
Originally posted by Irish Gal:
Ebay took off a comment I made about another internet site. They told me I was advertising.
You might be able to hide stuff in a listing.

I do not out right mention my other websites, per say.
I supply my contact info "email address" which contains my domain name which many smart people follow back to ebid or my main website. Once they see my stuff is cheaper on ebid they have no trouble bypassing the eBay BIN and using the ebid BIN..

If you do this correctly "domain forwarding" you can even earn an extra 2 bucks a pop for bringing in new members to ebid.

My ebay auctions last month netted around 150.00 in affiliate profits from ebid. I only ran two 30 day eBay listings last month and they didn't sell but they did still pull in profits, at eBay’s expense. Evil grin!
Last edited by dsouth
Regarding acceptance of other forms of payment - you can do so. If you 'shop' on the internet you will find the majority of Stores only accept credit cards. Ebay is just catching up. Personally I don't care for the hassle of a trip to bank - rather by mail or car. I use to take checks but if was iffy - then I only accepted money order or cashier check - that was better than checks but still a real lag time. I much prefer Paypal.

I'm in the process of moving households this month so I haven't been listing - but when I list, rather it's auction, fixed, or store - I sell.

I don't spend a lot of time on chat boards - it doesn't put money in my pocket. Humble opinion.
quote:
Originally posted by me-by-the-sea:
Regarding acceptance of other forms of payment - you can do so. If you 'shop' on the internet you will find the majority of Stores only accept credit cards. Ebay is just catching up. Personally I don't care for the hassle of a trip to bank - rather by mail or car. I use to take checks but if was iffy - then I only accepted money order or cashier check - that was better than checks but still a real lag time. I much prefer Paypal.

I'm in the process of moving households this month so I haven't been listing - but when I list, rather it's auction, fixed, or store - I sell.

I don't spend a lot of time on chat boards - it doesn't put money in my pocket. Humble opinion.

I agree with you 100%.
However I feel ebay has some mighty big balls dictating what types of payments I can and can't except. IMO they way over stepped their boundaries with this rule. I simply refuse to let eBay have that kind of power over me and my company. Ebay can simply go "BLEEP" itself, for all I care.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.