Skip to main content

I scheduled two auctions for 8:20 pm and 8:35 pm tonight but they never showed up...since they are ebay time does this actually mean at 10 pm?? I went back and edited the schedule...to post for tomorrow...but I'm totally confused now... if I want to post for 8:20 pm central time...it would actually be 6:20 pm right? Now when I go back to the scheduled listings only one of my listings show up...and my other one keeps getting deleted or something, it's weird. I don't understand the "post all at once" or "post incrementally". If you do "post incrementally" does that mean you don't have to schedule at a certain time?? One of my scheduled listings show up as 6:30 pm pst but when I go to edit it shows up as 8:42 pm pst as "post dated"... I don't understand?? I hope someone can help me asap!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

All I can recommend is to go to your account settings under the "My Account" tab and change your "Preferred Time Zone" to PST so your running even with ebay and you don't have to worry about subtracting 2 hours when scheduling. It will be very confusing if you do it that way. When I started here I almost scheduled my first two auctions at odd times because I didn't know of this. I think I fixed them only a couple hours before start time.
Last edited by wesm
I suggest setting your Auctiva to whatever Time Zone you find it easiest to THINK by. It will then post according to the appropriate time in the time zone you Think in. eBay, of course, will show the Pacific Time equivalent.

I would say you're worrying too much (a common rookie mistake) about a small time variance. Even if you're a little 'off peak' in one time zone, it is 'prime time' in another time zone. Also, most buyers find your listing by searching for a particular item - not by browsing a given time slot. It's far more important to concentrate on doing a good listing with a good title.

My experience, over 10 years, is that the time slot alone makes little if any difference in results. A good listing will sell, even at 4am - while a bad listing will rarely sell at any time.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.