UK Income tax on eBay sales?

Hello Smile

I have a quick question I was hoping someone here could answer for me - I'm a small time eBay seller often buying cheap stuff from various places and reselling it for a little profit. I was wondering if sales income from online stores like eBay counts as income, and is taxed like income? I've had a look at sites like this tax calculator but can't find any of the info I need. That is all - hope to hear from someone soonSmile
Original Post
Hello BSophie -

in most cases online sales do count as income and depending on your location and circumstance would be taxed accordingly.

Auctiva does not offer tax related assistance in regards to your sales, so your best bet is to consult a tax professional for your area with the details of your store sales.

- Craig
bsophie posted:
Hello Smile

I have a quick question I was hoping someone here could answer for me - I'm a small time eBay seller often buying cheap stuff from various places and reselling it for a little profit. I was wondering if sales income from online stores like eBay counts as income, and is taxed like income? I've had a look at sites like this tax calculator but can't find any of the info I need. That is all - hope to hear from someone soonSmile

Sorry to bump an old thread!

If you're making very little profit you'll probably get away with keeping your head down - just be sure to keep all receipts, invoices, etc. If you're selling high-volume or as a business to profit then yes you will pay income tax, this calculator will be great to calculator that: http://salary-calculator.org.uk/ . As I understand, you can also reclaim tax on some things - check out HMRC's website to look at that in more detail.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.