Skip to main content

I have been trying to list an item (AMERICAN CHECKBOOKS SOFTWARE) I kept receiving the error message below:

"It appears you are offering a payment method that is not permitted in the eBay marketplace. Buyers have a wide variety of choices when deciding how to pay sellers. Most payment methods offer a high degree of safety and convenience, however, a few simply are not appropriate for the eBay marketplace. Based on safety concerns and input from the Community, eBay has established an Accepted Payments Policy that clarifies eBay's position on payment methods."It appears you are offering a payment method that is not permitted in the eBay marketplace. Buyers have a wide variety of choices when deciding how to pay sellers. Most payment methods offer a high degree of safety and convenience, however, a few simply are not appropriate for the eBay marketplace. Based on safety concerns and input from the Community, eBay has established an Accepted Payments Policy that clarifies eBay's position on payment methods.

Please revise your listing by removing the non-permitted payment method."Please revise your listing by removing the non-permitted payment method."

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know whether it's Auctiva or eBay that does this, but there is apparently software that looks for certain keywords in titles and refuses to accept them for posting based on eBay policies - even if a human being would reasonably conclude that it is a situation where the policy does not apply. Apparently because your item title contains the word "check" this software concludes that you are offering checks as a proposed payment method.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.