Skip to main content

OK, Im trying to drive more traffic to my listings. Im reading how everyone here says keywords are the secret rather than using overpriced, fee-based, listing upgrades.

Im just not sure where to put the keywords. Do they go in the "keyword" meta tag in the html? or In the item description? From what Im reading, ebay doesnt allow that, it is considered keyword spamming.

Id like to know where to put the key words for pretty much all the selling methods: ebay listings, stores, what ever else you guys are using...Ill likely be selling using those methods too.

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi - Research shows that most people use search, rather than browsing categories, to arrive at your listing. And that most people search by title only, relatively few by title AND description. So the title is really where you need to concentrate on having the keywords that people will be using to search with. Thinking like a buyer, looking at other's listings, and common sense will probably tell you what to use. And you are right, keyword spamming in its various forms is a no-no. With the exception of adequate pictures, including gallery pics, very few of the listing upgrades are really considered to be cost effective.

This advice is pretty basic, applying only to listings, and doesn't really cover getting your web site high up in Google's search results, or any other advanced strategies, which is another phase of this topic altogether. I would like to see other members add to this thread as their experience would be valuable to all. Smile
Well, as far as the ebay listings go, it sounds like I already have the key words figured out. My title is pretty much filled with everything I can think of that buyers would type to find it...its what I type when I want to search my competition.
I just wasnt sure if people here were talking about some little keyword trick or just making full use of the "title"
Now I need to figure out the stores and other selling avenues...or is it just making use of the boxes provided to put key words into as well?
Thanks guys
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn:
Well, as far as the ebay listings go, it sounds like I already have the key words figured out. My title is pretty much filled with everything I can think of that buyers would type to find it...its what I type when I want to search my competition.
I just wasnt sure if people here were talking about some little keyword trick or just making full use of the "title"

EBAY will suspend and block your account quick for keyword spamming. it is against there policies
Now I need to figure out the stores and other selling avenues...or is it just making use of the boxes provided to put key words into as well?
Thanks guys

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.