Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi womandi,

Thanks for posting your question here. Although we did update our description editor recently, primarily to address some significant compatibility issue between the previous version and Internet Explorer 11.0, I am not sure what you are referring to specifically.

This new version of the description editor should be effectively the same as the previous version, and the only “red” component I am able to see is the little red asterisk which is displayed next to “Item Description” to indicate that is a required field.

In any event, if you are still having trouble with the new version of the description editor, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will do our best to help you out with this.

-Mike
Hi queenofcollectibles,

Thanks for pointing that out. I admittedly found myself scratching my head about this earlier today since all the buttons in the description editor toolbar are colorless, but I was able to see similar behavior after clicking the “Insert Horizontal Line” button and then mousing over the line that was created.

I confirmed that the red arrow button works just as you described, and hopefully that information will help the original poster work around any difficulties this option may be causing.

-Mike
Hi womandi,

We actually did not add this option to our site selectively, and I cannot really explain any more about what it does than queenofcollectibles described (and I confirmed) above. Our description editor is developed by a third party, and this new option appears to have been included as part of the latest update that was made available to us.

I certainly understand your inquisitiveness but, based on the conditions under which I have seen this option appear, I am uncertain why it would cause you any difficulties. However, I also have not seen the specific circumstances under which you have seen this option appear.

If this option is causing you to have trouble creating or editing your descriptions, please contact our Customer Support team directly and let us know as much detail as possible about the issue you are struggling with and we will do our best to help you out.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.