Skip to main content

I have been selling on ebay for several years now. But am still not real sure on one thing. I would appreciate all opinions as to what is the best auction ending days and times of day. I have tried out several different options. Currently, I list on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. At about 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. But I can't tell if it's what I'm putting on for Saturday, or is that just a bad listing day. Because my sales on Saturday are not as good as Thursay. Does anybody find Sundays good or Monday-Wednesday? All opinions are appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Also...There really isn't a "cookie-cut" answer that will apply for all the different product types/categories. It also has to do with the popularity of your item and the season.

The best way is to research your own market by doing a completed item search to see what is working best for other sellers and to also experiment with your own results.

You should try other days and not just limit yourself to Th-Sat. From what you are saying...your own experience should tell you Saturdays might not be working for you and you should experiment with the rest of the week.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the info. Like I said though, I didn't know if it was what I was listing on Saturdays or that is was a bad day altogether. So, Sundays is the best in your opinion huh? I figured everyone would be at church and not on the computer. But thanks for that advice, I'll try Sunday now. When I first started out, I thought that the weekends would be the best-like Friday and Saturday-since a lot of people are off work on those days. But it seems that most shoppers shop through the week. Thanks again!
Evenings have been best for me too. Around 9:00. I list like 15-20 items at a time. So, if a certain is a waste, then it's a waste of about $10-$15, as I'm sure you know. I sell womens clothing. So, don't really know a marketed day for that. Smile But I have done some research, just wanted to hear from actual peoples own experience. Thanks again, and maybe someone else will give their opinion too.
Completed listings in eBay will give you some data (15 days), that you need to wade through.

But Mpire gives you 30 days, and the data is already analysed. And it's free :-)
Info includes listing duration, best time to end, best day to end, best keywords, etc.

Go to www.mpire.com, scroll down and cick on Researcher. Register there for a free account.

The data only applies to eBay US, but still gives a good indication, I think, for other countries.
Hi Bernie in LA, I checked out the links for Mpire before I posted, but that was in IE, not Mozilla. so I just double checked it in Mozilla, and it works fine.

The Researcher is sort of hidden, you need to look for it.

Go to www.mpire.com/research.login.page, and click on top righthand corner to register.

OR go to www.mpire.com, scroll down past the deals section to a set of horizontally arranged links. Researcher is in there, that will take you to the login page, and again you'll need to register before using it.

Hope this helps :-)
quote:
Originally posted by grateful:
Hi Bernie in LA, I checked out the links for Mpire before I posted, but that was in IE, not Mozilla. so I just double checked it in Mozilla, and it works fine.

Thanks Great Site!
Go to www.mpire.com/research.login.page, and click on top righthand corner to register.

OR go to www.mpire.com, scroll down past the deals section to a set of horizontally arranged links. Researcher is in there, that will take you to the login page, and again you'll need to register before using it.

quote:
Originally posted by California Girl:
quote:
Originally posted by grateful:

Wonderful Info THANKS!

I have been looking for something just like this, and came across it here. Super!
You guys have been a wonderful help! Thanks for all the advice. I have now decided to give up on Fridays and Saturdays. Maybe the best days are Sundays and through the week. I agree with czbkz. Fridays have not been good for me. And Saturdays are not much better. So, I will try the days through the week and see if that is better. Again, thanks guys for your advice.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.