Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the info. Actually I am familiar with the Andale (Vendio) site, used tl use it before Auctiva. If you list an item thru ebay or revise an item directly on Ebay, there is a place where it asks you to choose a counter (retro computer style, hidden & one other) that is the counter I am speaking of. The Vendio site lets you choose from dozens of counters but when it adds them in, it adds the time & date you did it as if it were a revision. I was hoping that Auctiva had a spot where you could choose 1 of the 3 and save it to a template....
quote:
I was hoping that Auctiva had a spot where you could choose 1 of the 3 and save it to a template....

That is how the Sellathon counter works. However, in test, I found the counter to be completely unreliable and inaccurate (sorry Auctiva). The only thing worse than no information is wrong information. I dropped it a year ago and switched to Andale-Vendio counter. Their counter watch page also gives me exact (up-to-date) bids and prices to the second, so it's become "Command Central" for watching my auctions AT NO CHARGE (again sorry Auctiva, but 2+ hour old info is worthless when the competition does "simple calls" to refresh it immediately).

Danno
quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
...I dropped it a year ago and switched to Andale-Vendio counter. Their counter watch page also gives me exact (up-to-date) bids and prices to the second, so it's become "Command Central" for watching my auctions AT NO CHARGE (again sorry Auctiva, but 2+ hour old info is worthless when the competition does "simple calls" to refresh it immediately).

Danno

Hey Danno...

What else comes free with Andale's Counter? I also noticed that the Sellathon Counter shows more visits (sometimes considerably more) than eBay's counters. I am assuming eBay's only acccounts for unique visitors, which is more helpful.
quote:
What else comes free with Andale's Counter? I also noticed that the Sellathon Counter shows more visits (sometimes considerably more) than eBay's counters. I am assuming eBay's only acccounts for unique visitors, which is more helpful.

The Andale-Vendio counter can either do page visits or unique vistor count and can be dynamically switched. I get a status board showing Item, Details (title header), High Bidder, Time Left, Hits (counter), Bids, Qty (good for multiple/store), and current price. I also can switch to Completed Items or see Live and Completed. I get instant, accurate update to all that info with a refresh. I can also zero any counter on the fly.

I can add counters to listings or edit the counter style dynamically. Andale-Vendio adds the counter to new auctions for me (yes, with that revision process noted earlier). I can also add a counter to NON-EBAY webpages, which would be great if the Auctiva Store could handle the code.

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.