Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As stated in the Auctiva FAQs, the listings are pulled (disappear) to add the Scrolling Gallery as a migration aid to Auctiva's Services. They will be checked by eBay for security and policy violations, and will show again soon. However, the six hour usual time stated in the FAQ is alot longer during peak periods, like weekends. It's nothing Auctiva is doing in holding them back. It's eBay wait time, and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about that situation.

Danno
Yep, it's just wait-time.

While you're waiting, I'd go through the FAQs and the tutorials at HELP link (top of page) to understand basics. I'd also look over all your Auctiva account settings and pay attention to Auctiva Checkout and Insurance, as those are most often misunderstood. If you have an eBay Store, make sure you sync your Store categories in account settings. Also, sync your eBay combined shipping and promotions in your account.

Once you have closed eBay listings showing on the Listings tab, you can import those listings to a Imported Listings folder as Saved Listings, that you can edit and (re)list from Auctiva.

Need to make those decisions, understand how you operate with Auctiva, and update listings accordingly before you list from Auctiva.

Above all.....ask questions in the Forum or by Support Case to Auctiva for problems. It's a very good and helpful group of folks. A breath of fresh air from the Bot responses at eBay.

Danno
Once they are pulled for Scrolling Gallery update, they won't reappear until eBay is done with them (their delay for Trust & Safety check).

Cancelling the Auctiva account won't bring them back any quicker (especially on peak-time Sunday evening), and I don't know how it would effect the integrated Scrolling Gallery for the Store on the 100+ listings, i.e. not sure how they'd function with a cancelled account. Eek

Danno
Normally, folks in the Forum (and CEO Jeff) recommend it be done on any weekday evening, except Thursday night/Friday AM (service window).

It's not untypical for 12 hours or more on really large accounts done on weekends. I know you don't like hearing that, but I'd rather give it to yeah straight.

Trust me.....hang in there. You haven't joined a bad Community, especially given the mood at eBay's. Take some time and read all the FAQs, take the tutorials, and check your new account settings and features. You'll save alot of money on fees here....I HAVE. Read my sig!

Danno
Tell you what. Enter a Support Case at the HELP link above (lower right on new page) and tell them you just joined Auctiva and have 100+ listings in the update process for the Scrolling Gallery. Tell them you'd appreciate anything they can do to speed-up and watch-over the process at eBay. I'd also ask about the listing IMPORT process, so you can get old listings updated with templates, etc.

It never hurts to ask. Wink

Hopefully, you'll wake-up tomorrow morning with a Auctiva Store full of items.

Make sure you understand the Auctiva Insurance plan (I recommend) and their checkout process before you decide to list. You can opt-in or opt-out of both.

Danno
Hi Danno, the trouble with paraphrasing is creating unintentional links between two seperate events which all though both happen as part of the join up process one is not the cause of the other, e.g. Auctiva pulling the listings rather than eBay.

Surely Auctiva just add the SG as an amendment via revise item so it is not actually pulled just updated in which case the affected listings are subject to the potential 6 hour indexing delay and hence dissapear from searches but are still visible via your My eBay.

Whereas when eBay pull them for account hijack checking they are removed from the face of the earth until considered as not hijacked. Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.