Skip to main content

This whole thing is getting confusing for an old guy like me. I sell occasionally, and many of my items can be expensive. I only run about 10 auctions at a time, and then I need a break. With the new E-bay fee schedule of $15.95 a month, free picture hosting, etc., why do I still need or want Auctiva for $2.95 a month. There seems to be a lot of overlap in the two services.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm not sure you sell enough to justify the $15.95 a month. It would likely be better off in your case to not pay the $15.95 and instead pay a slightly higher listing fee. I believe eBay charges 50 cents without a store, and 20 cents with the $15.95 store. You'd save 30 cents a listing, and would need to do about 40-50 listings a month to make up the difference.

As many of your items sell for $100-150 and are of high quality or intricate nature our image hosting would give buyers more detail. Our supersize images are 60% larger than eBay's. That extra level of detail in your images could easily make the difference to a buyer.

And if you have a problem. Our support is faster and better than eBay's which would easily justify the cost as well.

Our listing process is faster and easier. Depending on the value of your time you could easily save the $2.95 in a single posting. Heck even plumbers these days run $60+ an hour around here. That's $1 minute.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.