Skip to main content

I have been away for a while, and returned to find some little changes on the composition page. That's OK, I will get round to incorporating the changes in my templates. But I have a very irritating problem. I write my description, upload my images, do everything else, press Save... and nothing happens! It just won't go. I have to Copy my description, close the page, re-enter the site, start a new listing and paste the description, go through everything else, and then it will save. Is this some sort of time thing - am I being too slow? Help please - this is driving me mad!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by nice-bits:
I have been away for a while, and returned to find some little changes on the composition page. That's OK, I will get round to incorporating the changes in my templates. But I have a very irritating problem. I write my description, upload my images, do everything else, press Save... and nothing happens! It just won't go. I have to Copy my description, close the page, re-enter the site, start a new listing and paste the description, go through everything else, and then it will save. Is this some sort of time thing - am I being too slow? Help please - this is driving me mad!

NICE-BITS -- I know EXACTLY how you feel, I have been going through the EXACT same thing for weeks now, no way around it, but VERY VERY VERY frustrating & time consuming. Have been told it might be from using Internet Explorer, but have always been on IA & never had this problem before a couple weeks ago, we always clear out our history regularly, etc......I have got it down to only having to use TWO windows per listing....Woo hoo !! (had to use 3 or 4 for a while there...)
I love Auctiva, but it does make me scream sometimes..... Eek
hang in there, you are not alone !!
Smile
quote:
Originally posted by nana:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Yes, and if you're already using Firefox make sure you have the newest version.

I downloaded netscape 8.1 and it's doing it too. Anyone know how to remove history in this version. I can't find it even in help.
I'm not sure of any version of netscape that works right with auctiva. Newest Firefox works fine, though. (and IE6 has worked great wthout any problems for me, but others have reported problems when using IE6)
Is anyone using pop up blockers? Or using the eBay tool bar? The tool bar is spyware and needs to be gotten rid of. It can lock your screen up. Pop up blockers are notorious for blocking in the background and you don't know it's frozen the screen.

I haven't upgraded yet to the IE 7.00..kinda scared to test the waters and muck up my system.

My preferences are FF and Opera. I haven't tried Netscape. But I do have Avant and Advanced Browser which take out all the crapola that IE uses and are faster.

I'm sorry this is happening to ya'll. I'm not having any problems but that's me.

Good Luck,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:

I haven't upgraded yet to the IE 7.00..kinda scared to test the waters and muck up my system.

IE7 scares me too. And so far I plan on refusing to go Vista. Vista has Digital Copyrights Management built in, and story is that part of that is that you have to buy a new monitor and new video card that can 'talk' to each other and send video signal encrypted. (to prevent interception of dvd video and recording it to another device.) If you dont have a new monitor, etc, then windows Vista will not play dvd in high quality video mode. will downgrade the video quality for playback.

[/offtopic]
I realize that people are using firefox as a work around for having problems with IE....but in all reality you should not have any problems using IE either. You most likely have something incorporated (willingly or not) into your IE browser that is preventing it from working properly..basically what Im saying is..yes use the work around to get things done..but you should really find out whats preventing your IE from working also.
quote:
Originally posted by Chicago-BM:
I use the IE tab extension, but the problem is that it freezes up sometimes, and when it does, IE itself doesn't work. Which causes you to have to restart your computer if you really need IE. But that might be just me.

I'd send in a customer service help ticket..that's a new one on me. I thought it might be that "spyware" toolbar that eBay has but, if you're using firefox..you should be good to go.

Good Luck,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.