Skip to main content

I've been using Activa for some time. I've noticed the past several weeks (at least) that page loads when creating or editing saved auctions takes up to 15-20 seconds each time I click on just about any action. It often takes a long time to post or edit a single listing. I've used different computers, browsers, turned various filters off/on but nothing seems to effect this speed. It was only when I was trying to use Google Chrome that I found this delay is apparently due to the scripts that run when just about anything on the page is clicked. Chrome will advise me that it is waiting on a script to run....sometimes in IE it just locks up and I get the "not responding" message. No better luck with Opera or Firefox....very frustrating. Is this delay inherent to Aucitva's software and just something I will have to live with??
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
ome

It's the same at Ebay itself. Cramming in as much KewlJavaFlash nonsense as possible, and damn the people trying to load the pages. It also has a cumulative effect - the thirtieth KewlJavaFlash page will load far more slowly than the first, the fiftieth will be slower still, until you have to restart your computer to clear the mess up.

There is an ancient and honored saying amongst my people - Keep It Simple, "Sweetheart".

Yet, KewlJavaFlash is sooooo.. Kewl! All the kids love it! It's hep, it's the 'now' thing! All that dull, utilitarian stuff that worked so well is all passe'.
I don't know what happened....but please keep it as is....8pm Central time 8-28-2009 and this is the first time in months that listing has been quick...no delays..pages loading fast....just like the "old days". I list 7 days a week and this is the first time in a looooong time it has not been a hassle! Thanks...I just hope it stays this way!!!
I am also having headache causing issues with Auctiva scripts and if you reckon 15-20 seconds is bad, try 5-15 minutes!
This is wholely an Auctiva problem (eBay works fine for me) I have been an internet junkie since the early 90's and spend several hours every day surfing the net and fully utilize a lot of sites. Auctiva is by far the worst by a long way for operational lock-ups.
More than 50% of the time when Auctiva processes the most critical operations like saving listings, posting to eBay etc it will lock-up for a long time at numerous points. At not so critical processes it's just a matter of reloading the page (up to 5 times or more) to get it past the lock-up.
The most common hang-ups are waiting for...
google-analytics.com
ajax.googleapis.com
and www.auctiva.com itself

now you say that the first two are google sites - well yes they are but auctiva.com is 1 of only 2 sites out of hundreds that I use that hang-up when trying to access those sites

I also get so frustrated by sites that are trying to be too smart for their own good. Just because you can, doesn't mean you must

If your using FireFox then one of the best plugins is 'Flasblock'
It blocks all those irritating and somewhat useless flash graphics from displaying. Instead it just creates the outline box that the flash takes up and the flash logo inside with a play button. If you want to see that flash gfx then just click that button - it's awesome!
I'm happy to report things are still working fast on Acutiva so it appears whatever was making things slow down so much is no longer a problem.

thanks for the tip on flashblock monsta053...just donwloaded it and will try it out today.

I switch between IE, Firefox and Google Chrome for browsing as they each have things I like. i.e.: For some reason IE is the fastest for loading images to Auctiva. I like Chrome but there are a few sites that are not compatible.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.