Skip to main content

My listings are showing an odd image that I did not add. It looks like some sort of highway. On top of that, these images are everywhere in the listing, which is making it difficult to read. Here is one of my listings: 140113570216. Could it be the templates I'm using? Anyone else had this problem? If anyone knows how I can fix this, please let me know. I'm sure I'm losing sales because of it.

Thanks,
Michelle.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi I just rechecked mine and the same weird highway image is still there. I am needing to list some items and wanted to know if this image will appear in my new listings as well? Anyone tried it yet?

Also has anyone tried to revise their listings and take out the html code thats making these appear?

Thanks so much..Im a bit panicky thinking I will have to go through 50 listings and correct this issue.
The images are back. I just checked my listings and the highway image is there. Not only is it there, but in the listing I just checked, there are 14 of these images plus the images that show up in the store window. None of my other listing products are showing up in the store window. Anyone know the fix here? I haven't received a response from Auctiva support yet.

Thanks for your help,
Michelle.
Hi Community,

Thanks for eveyone's assicatance with bringing this issue to our attention!

We are aware of this problem and are looking into it now. At this point, it appears to be a DNS issue and has been escalated to our technical team for further investigation and correction.

I'll post again to this thread as soon as I have further information pertaining to this issue to share.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Just checking back to see if everyone else is STILL having problems.. I sure am..I tried to cancel the auctiva account to make the images go away and that created a bigger mess...so sellers be careful you will not be able to process checkouts through auctiva and it does not make the images go away anyway. I really wish auctyiva support was a bit faster..time is ticking away and its been 3 days with messed up auctions. Anyone out there have any solutions it would really be appreciated
I appreciate the response Mike D. I am not able to view any of my photos. I had a potential customer email me about it. That is when I became aware of it. I cannot log into auctiva at all...only from google, and only to the message boards. Otherwise nothing! I hope you figure it out soon. I was just getting busy again, and I do not want to loose potential sales. Thanks, Lori
Hi Community,

Update! Contrary to what I stated in my previous post, we have recently become aware that this issue has actually not been resolved.

This problem that was caused by a DNS issue that resulted in a very small percentage of our users in certain areas and using certain ISP's to see these inappropriate images in place of their store window images, so the problem isn't quite as serious as it may appear from your end. If you are affected by this problem, almost 100% of your perspective customers will still see the appropriate images in your auctions.

Our engineering department is continuing to investigate this matter and we will have it resolved as soon as possible. I will post again to this thread once additional information on this issue becomes available. Thank you for understanding.

-Mike
Well, let me tell ya.....one minute there's only one there, next minute ALL my images on ALL my auctions are the weird highway crap....when I just now checked my images filed in folders on Auctiva...ALL my images were gone and this weird highway crap was in their place! I'm trying to remain calm...and patient....but time is money...I am so frustrated! The support guys/gals have been trying, I know, but something has to give. I love auctiva and I sure don't want to have to start paying ebay another 9.99 a month for picture manager.....ok, thanks for letting me vent! Roll Eyes
Hi Community,

Update! The underlying issue that is causing you to see the highway images actually has been resolved, however, due to the nature of DNS and the internet, may take a little while to completely go away. However, the following are a few suggestions that may alleviate the problem in the interim:

1) If you are behind a router, please try rebooting the router. The router may have a stale DNS cache from when this problem was ongoing.

2) If you are on Windows, runnnig an ipconfig/flushdns command should flush your Windows DNS resolver cache and make your machine ask for the DNS lookup again. If you're behind a home router, you should reboot before doing this, otherwise it will not be of help. To run this command on your system, please select "Run" from the Windows "Start" menu, enter "cmd" in the "Open" field, and click "OK". Then enter "ipconfig /flushdns" and press the "Enter" key. You should receive a confirmation once this has been completed successfully.

If neither of these suggestions resolve the problem, unfortunately, you will have to wait and it will resolve itself with time. Also, please remember that it is a very small percentage of people who can see these inappropriate images in your auctions, so this issue is certainly not as serious as it may seem on your end, and is not likely to cause you to lose sales. Thank you for understanding!

Thank you,
Auctiva Support
Last edited by auctivamiked

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.