Skip to main content

I list mostly old and collectible stuff and the new templates are pretty boring and the formatting is odd and they take forever to load, even with high speed connection. Christmas listings will be starting now and there are 2 non-festive templates?? And where are all the fruits? And "Flower Power"? And when you use the "search" box for a template, it usually comes up with "zero" results, really? Before the change, I would always get a suggestion for my search. I can go on, by I won't. Just venting my frustrations.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Your in luck, we are adding new templates every month and new Christmas/Holiday and Fruit should be available soon (keep an eye and we will also be sending out an email update as we release new templates). Our plan is to continue to develop new mobile-responsive, active content-free templates that are compliant with eBay policies based on what the community votes for in the Auctiva Feature Center and based on what key words are most searched for. If you see a template style you would like in the feature center, up vote it!
Thanks Greg,

You need to have a word with your support department. I put in a request at the same time as I commented here. Their reply, which differs from what you are saying was:
"Our old listing templates have phased out. We introduced new templates recently in order to be line with eBay's new listing requirements. All of the templates we offer now are active content free and mobile friendly and responsive.

Currently we have added approximately 250 new templates which are active content free and mobile responsive. We do not have any current plans to add more new templates at this time".

250 templates is a huge decrease in variety when there were 1800 previously.
Last edited by daveowens
Hello Dave -

Apologies on that! It looks like you got an outdated response regarding the templates, which has since been addressed with the support team. The plans regarding templates have only recently solidified, but again, I apologize for the response you received not being as up to date and accurate as possible.

Please feel free to make any requests at the feature center as Greg noted and feel free to vote on any of the existing requests that are there.

- Craig
Hello Community -

We do have plans to release more new templates coming up, and as Greg noted above, we plan to release a few new templates every month. We have Holiday themed templates on the horizon as noted in the To Do section of our Feature Center here;and if you see other features already present in the Feature Center that you'd like to see, please let us know by casting your vote.

- Craig
Ok so we are two months on and into the Christmas listing season. The search for Christmas brings up two templates? Seriously?

Unless there is a large improvement in the number and variety of templates on offer I'll be cancelling in 2018.

The business, if viable, should be buying in the resource needed to create templates. The choice is a shadow of what it used to be.

Sorry for being so negative just really disappointed at the moment.
I agree with you Dave 100%. The templates are so limited and boring. Auctiva was known for its amazing templates. The new ones are just not up to par. I too will be leaving probably before 2018.
To me I look at this way. Auctiva knew that the changes were coming. They should have planned ahead and started making new templates that would be in compliance with ebay. They dropped from over 1800 templates to a measly 250. Plus the new templates are no where near the standards of the old ones. In plain English they are terrible.
I am constantly frustrated in trying to find the right template for my items. I think these new templates are horrible and the layouts are even worse. They do not relate to seasons or any of the popular categories used when trying to relate and grab the buyer's attention on what you are selling. There is nothing for accessories, kids, celebrations, vintage, furniture, collectible-antiques, pets, (men/women) clothing or jewelry.
Now I am forced to use the same boring template all the time. I tried others but wording description of hard to read. This maybe the final deal breaker for me and I will soon start to look for better options.
Hello katnip -

Currently we have some other holiday themed templates in the works which should be available in the template selector in the near future. At this point I am unable to provide you with a specific date for their availability, but we do expect to have them available soon, and I will update this thread as soon as they are available or more information regarding their release becomes available.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing.

- Craig
Thanks for the feedback, we hear you and adding new templates every month. We design and developed the new Auctiva templates to ensure they complied with eBay policies and to provide a great mobile experience for your buyers, more the 60% of eBay traffic and purchases are made on mobile devices, so ensuring your item descriptions look great in mobile is important. We do currently have several Christmas and Winter themed templates to choose from, try using the keyword "winter" in your template search or choose the "Holidays" category, you should find them.
I hate these new templates!! They are so boring and don't show off the photos as well as the old ones. I also dislike having to scroll through all the templates to try to find one that I find appropriate for my listing, there is now separate search for the kind I want, ie. flowers, Christmas, Birthday, etc. Auctiva what have you done???????
There is search functionality that will allow to easily find templates based on keyword search or a particular color. If you click the three bar menu icon on the left hand side, you will see a keywords search box. As you can see below, a search for your query of flowers returns several different templates, so you shoudl not need to scroll as much.

As I noted before, we've developed the new templates to ensure compliance with eBay's policies and based on the data that shows consumers use mobile devices to shop on ebay. Mobile responsive templates equate to higher sales conversion rate for your listings. Every month we are adding new templates to the selection, so keep an eye out.
I also sell antiques & collectibles. I would like to see some of the older template brought back & updated to be mobile responsive. The current selection is weak compared to what was previously offered. Bring back Cigar dog, camera & photo templates, Clock face, template, motorcycle templates. Please bring them back. I know Auctiva continues to add new templates. However, I do not consider a template with 10 color choices 10 new templates. Bring back some old ones. Thank you for your consideration.
The new templates are sub par and the selection is horrendous. Auctiva should of been working on new templates a long time ago to comply with Ebay but apparently they dropped the ball. The only reason I'm here is for the templates, but if auctiva's templates are no better then eBay's crappy ones, why am I even paying for this service? They will start losing a lot of customers if they don't bring there templates at least back on par with their old examples.
Hello Community -

We have continued releasing new templates regularly, so the template selection has been increasing with templates that meet the current eBay standards. If there is a particular template or type of template you wish to see, please feel free to submit your request to our Feature Center, located here..

Please ensure that you make multiple requests if you have multiple types of templates you'd like to see so we can have the ideas up for the rest of our community to vote on.

- Craig
I'm really not impressed with the new templates. As a woman I liked the old prettier more delicate templates, and I like to have a white background as I find the lettering is swallowed up by a dark background. The new ones look like they've been created by a man and what is with the knives template?!! In this day and age, especially with Ebay not allowing many kinds of knives to be listed Auctiva have supplied many different colour variations on knives!!! Not very PC Auctiva!! Give us some delicate and more detailed and aesthetically pleasing templates!! Looking at the new ones they look like they've been designed by men!!
Hello Jsow102 -

I'm sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our current templates. Please keep in mind that the changes to the the templates were made to keep up with eBay compliance regarding both active content and mobile friendliness for listings.

If you have suggestions relating to templates or any part of the service, please feel free to leave a suggestion at our Feature Center, located here. where our community can vote on ideas that help to inform the development of Auctiva.

- Craig
I totally agree about the templates being boring and not specific to ebay categories. I thought the templates Auctiva had before their "new improved" one were so much better. So many of the templates are unrelated to Ebay and outdated. I usually keep using the same templates because I can't find ones that go with my auctions. Sure wish they would come up with some better templates because I really like using Auctiva for my auctions.

I have been off ebayfor a couple of years while I got divorced- just come back to list some stuff-and I'm horrified! The templates are as grey as the british weather- they are AWFUL!!
the only reason I was on here was for the stand out templates, and this lot are a load of pastel rubbish.
All this nonsense about ebay is just that- they  don't care what colour the ads areas long as they get the money - and auctiva are not getting any more of mine- I don't care if people shop on ebay using steam engines - it doesn't justify dumbing down your site- wanting money for less effort-if auctiva can't be bothered to make the effort, I'll go somewhere else.
It's dreadful!.............

auctivacraig posted:
Hello Community -

We do have plans to release more new templates coming up, and as Greg noted above, we plan to release a few new templates every month. We have Holiday themed templates on the horizon as noted in the To Do section of our Feature Center here;and if you see other features already present in the Feature Center that you'd like to see, please let us know by casting your vote.

- Craig

HOW and Why would Templates relating to any major selling season be reduced. We are the sellers, and believe me, these increased buying times around the Holiday's whatever it is are still very alive and important to we SELLERS 

Thanks

Carmela

Hello Rockoman3803 -

Our older templates did not meet the requirements for the changes that eBay has been making for the last few years regarding active content and mobile friendliness, and as such, we were unable to continue offering them.  We have replaced our old templates with new mobile friendly and active content free templates that meet all of eBay's requirements.

- Craig

Hello Examqueen -

I am sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the template offerings that we currently have.  Please be aware that all of our templates are available all of the time, we do not rotate available templates based on season or upcoming holidays. 

If you wish to see other template designs, you are welcome to make your suggestions at the Feature Center located here.  Once approved, requests are available here for the entire community to review and vote on, the results of which assist in informing our development team for future site updates.

- Craig

You can waffle your way round in circles here til the internet runs out of steam, but basically, the whole lot is bland and boring compared to what it used to be- I can see no advantage to giving you money for something I really don't like.
There are lots of bright skilled people out there who could do something about this- you should either employ them and get it sorted, or quit the business

Goodbye!

Hello Examqueen,

While we appreciate your thoughts on this, please understand that the former templates were created in earlier versions of HTML, some of which is no longer acceptable with eBay's current requirements, nor with current browsers.  Unfortunately, we were unable to make the kind of change you have suggested to the prior template base and as a result have provided the templates we currently offer which are fully compliant with all of eBay's updated requirements. 

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.