Skip to main content

Can someone please help me. I am new to Auctiva and everything I try to list gives me an API error Stating "eBay has not posted your item due to title, description, and/or eBay policy violation. Please contact Auctiva support for more information on why your listing has failed to post."

When I contact Auctiva support, they say I have to contact Ebay. But Ebay says I have to contact Auctiva. Ebay will not help me nor Auctiva. I am about to give up.. Someone please help. I have many things scheduled and would like to start ASAP.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Go to your listing ("ad") page, go to the bottom where you have the options to save, preview, post, etc., and click the button for "error check." A message will appear at top of page telling you either there are no errors (green message) or that there is an error (red)--in which case the errors are explained in plain English with instruction on how to fix them. You can re-check for errors after "fixing" and then if it's okay, save.
quote:
forever 21 clothing

eBay has placed restrictions and limits on sales of brand named items in many many categories, including clothing apparel and accessories.

I'd recommend you try to direct list the item on eBay to get clarification of the restriction or limit. For instance, some items require PayPal be offered for International sales. Others only allow a certain number of concurrent listings during a 7 day period. The policies and restriction have become so complicated, there is just no way to really know without a direct submission that gives a very detailed explanation. I believe the API error returned to Auctiva is simply too vague for them to nail-down the exact reason.

Hope that suggestion helps.

Danno
I am new to Auctiva as well, but am having the same error. I submitted a ticket and was told that Ebay wanted to verify my identity by phone.

As they have no phone number that I can find on their site I sent them an email.

I am waiting for their response, but if I were you I would submit a help request to Auctiva to get the exact error Ebay is reporting.
Hi Community,

The error message mentioned in the first post in this thread is indicative that eBay rejected your posting attempt(s) and returned an error message that we don't have stored in our system. If you contact our customer support team, they will be able to look up the exact error message that eBay returned in response to your posting attempts, and that should give you all the information you need to get these items posted.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.