Skip to main content

Someone posted a link for www.auctioncheckout.com in the PayPal thread so I'm wondering -- anyone else have any experience with them?

Sounds too good to be true when compared to PayPal but I'm certainly interested in viable alternatives...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Someone posted a link for www.auctioncheckout.com in the PayPal thread so I'm wondering -- anyone else have any experience with them?

Sounds too good to be true when compared to PayPal but I'm certainly interested in viable alternatives...

Rick,

Did you do any research? And this is an acceptable eBay option for accepting payments?

I'll check back later for your answer!

Anymore batman stuff?
<smile>

Thanks, Donna
Our checkout combined with Authorize.net and your own merchant account would provide the same results. Keep in mind that services like Authorize.net and your bank will charge you monthly fees. That is one very nice thing about PayPal.

If you shop around you'll find that most banks will charge you around 27 cents per transaction, add in another 5 cents for authorize.net. Average in the monthly fees for the merchant account and unless you're doing a large volume or have a brick and mortar store then you can see why PayPal is the most popular choice.
Actually, authorize.net is very competitive. If you want the best rate CALL them! Low monthly fee, and there's nothing like dealing with a chargeback directly, without PayPal in the middle. Very different results. I'm not saying one should do away with PayPal necessarily, but I definitely don't agree with the post above. It is so darn popular because a lot of sellers don't realize there's a choice.
when logging into my authorize.net account, i noticed that they now have 1st American Card Services logo on the account manager

I dont know if theyre owned by the same people, or simply a preferred authorizenet reseller, but if youre looking for authorize.net merchant account, might check them out http://www.1stamericancardservice.com

Their Internet Merchant rates posted on site are:
Fixed Discount Rate 2.32%
Transaction Fee 25¢
Monthly Statement Fee $9.00
Monthly Minimum Fee* $20.00

which, they dont mention it, but you would also have an authorize.net gateway fee on top of that.
went through the process of filling out an auctioncheckout application and when i was checking it out for final review before i submitted it i saw this

Visa & MasterCard CREDIT Qualified
Discount Rate:
2.29% + $0.19 per item
Visa & MasterCard DEBIT Qualified
Discount Rate:
2.29% + $0.29 per item

Setup Fee:
$0.00
Credit Mid-Qualified Rate:
1.16% + $0.10

Statement Fee:
$10.00
Credit Non-Qualified Rate:
1.66% + $0.10
Additional Fees:

Pass Through I/C:
No
Pass Through Basis Points:
$0.00
Pass Through Network and Switch Fees:
No

Monthly Minimum:
$25.00
Debit Mid-Qualified Rate:
1.16% + $0.10
E-Merchant View:
$0.00

Non-Bankcard Trans Fee:
$0.30
Debit Non-Qualified Rate:
1.66% + $0.10
Internet Gateway Fee:
$10.00

Voice AVS/Auth Fee:
$2.00
Debit Trans Fee:
$0.00
Gateway Trans Fee:
$10.00

Authorization Only Fee:
$2.00
Annual Fee:
$0.00
ACH Discount Rate:
2.00%

Batch Header Fee:
$0.30
Term Agreement:
1 years
ACH Transaction Rate:
$0.50

AVS Surcharge:
$0.10
Early Termination Fee:
$149.00
Chargeback/NSF Fee: $25.00

Return Fee:
$25.00
Retrieval Fee:
$15.00
Voice Response Unit Fee:
$0.00

Wireless Setup Fee:
$0.00
Wireless Monthly Access Fee:
$0.00
Wireless Transaction Fee:
$0.00

Merchant Club Fee
No
Merchant Club Fee Per Month:
$0.00

what the hell is all of this? are these more fees i will be paying?
Some definitions will vary from provider to provider, so it's always best to get explanation of fees from the merchant account provider. Here's my interpretation of what all it means, note there are one or two items i was unsure of and stated so on those items.

as for difference between "qualified transaction" "mid qualified" and "non-qualified" it depends on your merchant account provider. Basically it's a system to seperate the charges into 3 different rate tiers.

one example of difference between qualified, mid qualified, and non-qualified might be:

qualified: card was swiped
mid-qualified: punched in by hand, but address and zip code match billing info
non-qualified: punched in by hand, but address and/or zip doesnt match billing info or wasnt provided.

this is just an example of how it might be divided into the 3 types, and is NOT necessarily how your merchant account provider will segregate the types.

quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy:
went through the process of filling out an auctioncheckout application and when i was checking it out for final review before i submitted it i saw this

Visa & MasterCard CREDIT Qualified
Discount Rate:
2.29% + $0.19 per item
Amount you pay on Visa and Mastercard charge card qualified transansactions
quote:

Visa & MasterCard DEBIT Qualified
Discount Rate:
2.29% + $0.29 per item

Amount you pay on Visa and Mastercard debit card qualified transactions
quote:

Setup Fee:
$0.00
Credit Mid-Qualified Rate:
1.16% + $0.10
rate you pay on transactions that fall in the mid-qualified rate bracket. this will be IN ADDITION TO fees for a qualified transaction. Ie: if the charge amount is $100, you'd pay $2.29 + $0.19 + $1.16 + $0.10 in fees.
quote:

Statement Fee:
$10.00
monthly statement fee
quote:

Credit Non-Qualified Rate:
1.66% + $0.10

amount you pay on transactions that fall in the non-qualified rate bracket (typically in addition to rate for tier 1-qualified, but some providers do tier 3 as tier1 rates + tier2 rates + tier3 rates)
quote:

Additional Fees:

Pass Through I/C:
No
Pass Through Basis Points:
$0.00
Pass Through Network and Switch Fees:
No

Monthly Minimum:
$25.00

monthly minimum in per transaction fees that you will pay
quote:

Debit Mid-Qualified Rate:
1.16% + $0.10
fee you pay for transactions paid with debit cards that fall in mid-tier (mid-qualified) rate bracket (in additon to fees for a tier-1)
quote:

E-Merchant View:
$0.00

Non-Bankcard Trans Fee:
$0.30
per transaction fee for non-bankcard payments, not exactly sure about what this is all about.
quote:

Debit Non-Qualified Rate:
1.66% + $0.10
rate you pay for transactions paid with debit card that fall in non-qualified rate category (in addition to fees for a tier 1 trans. as noted on charge cards, some do tier 3 as tier1rate+tier2rate+tier3rate)
quote:

Internet Gateway Fee:
$10.00

monthly fee you will pay for accessing the mc/visa network through your gateway (such as authorize.net)
quote:

Voice AVS/Auth Fee:
$2.00
per transaction fee you pay if you call in for a voice authorization for a charge.
quote:

Debit Trans Fee:
$0.00
Gateway Trans Fee:
$10.00

not sure what that gateway transaction fee is, since already covered internet gateway fee above. might be for gateway fee for non-internet transactions, but dunno
quote:

Authorization Only Fee:
$2.00

fee you pay if you do an authorize-only transaction. for when you want the charge to be authorized, but dont want to finalize the charge (acutally charge the card) until later
quote:
Annual Fee:
$0.00
ACH Discount Rate:
2.00%
fee you pay for accepting ACH payments (essentially electronic checks)
quote:

Batch Header Fee:
$0.30
daily batch fee (normally is only applicable if you had charges that day)
quote:
Term Agreement:
1 years
ACH Transaction Rate:
$0.50
a per transaction fee for ACH transactions
quote:

AVS Surcharge:
$0.10
Address Verification System fee. A per transaction fee you will pay each time a charge is attempted (even if it is declined) for verifying the address the person gave you is the same as the address on file with the credit card company.
quote:
Early Termination Fee:
$149.00

fee you pay if you terminate your merchant account prior to the agreed upon time period.
quote:

Chargeback/NSF Fee: $25.00

a per transaction fee you will pay whenever a person disputes a charge and the charge ends up getting reversed. Also appears to be amount you will pay if your fee payment bounces (since the NSF is on there).
quote:
Return Fee:
$25.00
not sure
quote:
Retrieval Fee:
$15.00
appears to me to be fee that you get charged every time someone disputes a charge, even if said dispute doesnt go through (if they rule in your favor, the amount from sale doesnt get charged back and you dont pay the $25 reversal fee, but will pay a $15 fee simply because the customer asked for proof of the charge).
quote:
Voice Response Unit Fee:
$0.00

Wireless Setup Fee:
$0.00
Wireless Monthly Access Fee:
$0.00
Wireless Transaction Fee:
$0.00

Merchant Club Fee
No
Merchant Club Fee Per Month:
$0.00[/b]

what the hell is all of this? are these more fees i will be paying?

here's a pdf file with explanation of various terms, etc. http://www.assurebuy.com/reports/AssureBuy_MerchantAccountBasics.pdf
Last edited by wayoutwest
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
when logging into my authorize.net account, i noticed that they now have 1st American Card Services logo on the account manager

I dont know if theyre owned by the same people, or simply a preferred authorizenet reseller, but if youre looking for authorize.net merchant account, might check them out http://www.1stamericancardservice.com

Their Internet Merchant rates posted on site are:
Fixed Discount Rate 2.32%
Transaction Fee 25¢
Monthly Statement Fee $9.00
Monthly Minimum Fee* $20.00

which, they dont mention it, but you would also have an authorize.net gateway fee on top of that.
i think i figured out why the 1st American Card Service logo is appearing on my Authorize.net admin panel. I think it's because my account is through Woodforest National Bank out of Texas, who is a reseller for 1st American Card Services, who is a authorize.net reseller.

In other words, my merchant account is through 1st American, using the authorize.net gateway. I betcha if merchant account was through one of the other Authorize.net merchant account providers, would have different logo on there.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.