Skip to main content

The recent update of Auctiva notifications has left me unimpressed.

The changes in the last two major "updates" in recent years have reduced functionality.  The notification numbers for new listings used to appear in the top taskbar without a user having to go into My Account to see notifications.  I used these numbers essentially as a counter for number of listings I'd make in a day or session. With the most recent update, notifications & the number of them disappear if you go into the notification page to check on anything. Have to move a toggle to pull them back up again. The user used to decide when to clear the notifications & hence the numbers. Why bury things when making them highly visible is more desirable?

I guess this is all for ease of Auctiva's use, rather than for subscribing users like me. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi EB,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unimpressed with the recent enhancements we made to the notification page, but I do want to thank you for sharing your feedback. 

We recently redesigned this page so that it's easier to see which notifications are new and most recent.   And yes, only new notifications are displayed by default.  However, if you need to view historic notifications, you can always do so by switching the toggle to "All".  

I understand you use these numbers essentially to count the number of listings you would make in a session, and with these recent changes you definitely can still do that. But please note, whenever you click to view the notification page,  the notification number will be updated to 0, to reflect there are now 0 new notifications. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.  

Sincerely,

Natasha

Hi Bella's Mom

I'm sorry to hear this change has caused you some complications, but I do appreciate your feedback. Can you tell me more as to why this new way is complicating things for you? 

It sounds like you don't want to look at all of the old notifications.  If you only want to see new notifications rather than older ones, you can simply leave the toggle on "Unread" and you'll only see new/unread notifications. Older notifications are only displayed if you choose to view "All" or if you choose to filter by "Success", "Notice" or "Errors". 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Sincerely,

Natasha

Last edited by Auctiva Natasha

Hello again Bella's Mom,

Thank you for explaining, I can understand now the benefit those notification numbers brought to you.  We currently keep track of how many "Active Listings" you have on the Auctiva Account Dashboard, but we do not currently track how many were posted in a single day––I'll be sure to consider your feedback for future enhancements. 

Again, I'm sorry for any inconveniences this enhancement may have caused you, but please let me know if you have any more feedback. 

Kindest Regards,

Natasha

Hi EB,

With the new notification updates, there is no longer a way to delete the old notifications. These notifications are only visible though when toggling the option to "All" or when using the filtering options available. 

I will bring this up to our Product Manager though for consideration of adding back the option of being able to delete notifications in a future update.

Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns!

Thanks!

Johnnie Q 

Yeah. Two steps backwards in the latest update - count gone, can't delete notifications. Previous round of updates got the same "be sure to consider your feedback for future enhancements" in response to the hidden nature of the notifications on the top bar on a page (eg listing form). Starting to feel that Auctiva doesn't really care about how we use some of the features on the site. The features will just become empty vessels if this is the case. 

Last edited by eb

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.