Skip to main content

I didn't realize it, but the template that I chose, or rather the LAYOUT, photos on LEFT (vertical) instead of (bottom), is problematic. All of those listings are FINE on a pc, but when viewed from a mobile device, the gallery photos, just don't show up in the template at all. You see the notice that says "click on photos for supersize image," but there are no photos to click.

Please tell me that there is a somewhat easy fix to this without ending and re-listing all of these items.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello bargainmama71 -

We're not aware of an issue with any of the layouts for images in the templates causing the images to fail on mobile. I've taken a look at a couple of your listings that use this layout on eBay using a mobile device and the eBay mobile app and when I tap Read More to view the listing with your template, the images are appearing correctly for me within the app. If I then tap on the image, I get a supersize page with the images from your listing appropriately.

I also tried this with the same listings using the browser in my device and going to eBay directly and the images were also displaying within the template for me there. When I tap the images from the browser, I also get a supersize page showing the larger versions of the images.

It is unclear what may be occurring for you when you check, but I am not, at this time, able to reproduce the issue you have described. So, if you continue to see this issue, please file a support case with us from under the Help tab of the site letting us know some titles of listings where you see this and the mobile device you are using as well as if you are running into this in the eBay app or the browser for your device so we can look into this further.

- Craig
Hello again,

We've looked into this issue a bit further and find that the layout does display correctly on a tablet but there is an issue such as you have noted when viewing items on a phone. Please be aware that the images are there, but using the eBay app, there is no real indicator that you can see them. However, if you go to the area just beneath where you see Click for Supersize and slide to the left, the images are there in a horizontal display. It is unclear at this time what is causing this to occur, but we're looking into to it towards a solution. I will update this thread as soon as we have more information about it.

In the meantime, for your listings that have been posted using this layout, if you wish to make changes without ending an relisting the items (as long as they are still eligible for revision on eBay), you will need to take the HTML of the saved listing to the Revise your item form after updating the layout and use that to replace the HTML of the currently active listings.

Here's how:
- Find your listing in your Saved Listings folder, make any necessary changes, and save.
- Click the Get HTML button to the right of the item on your Saved Listings page with the icon: </>
- use the Select All button and then copy the HTML in the popup window that shows
- Locate the item on eBay and open the "Revise Your Item" form.
- Scroll down to the "Description" section and then make sure that it is on the HTML tab.
- Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, preview your changes and continue and confirm your changes.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Craig
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Craig:
Hello again,

We've looked into this issue a bit further and find that the layout does display correctly on a tablet but there is an issue such as you have noted when viewing items on a phone. Please be aware that the images are there, but using the eBay app, there is no real indicator that you can see them. However, if you go to the area just beneath where you see Click for Supersize and slide to the left, the images are there in a horizontal display. It is unclear at this time what is causing this to occur, but we're looking into to it towards a solution. I will update this thread as soon as we have more information about it.

In the meantime, for your listings that have been posted using this layout, if you wish to make changes without ending an relisting the items (as long as they are still eligible for revision on eBay), you will need to take the HTML of the saved listing to the Revise your item form after updating the layout and use that to replace the HTML of the currently active listings.

Here's how:
- Find your listing in your Saved Listings folder, make any necessary changes, and save.
- Click the Get HTML button to the right of the item on your Saved Listings page with the icon: </>
- use the Select All button and then copy the HTML in the popup window that shows
- Locate the item on eBay and open the "Revise Your Item" form.
- Scroll down to the "Description" section and then make sure that it is on the HTML tab.
- Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, preview your changes and continue and confirm your changes.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Craig

Craig,

Thanks so much for looking into it. My troubles started when the new templates went live on 5/31/17, so none before that were problematic and none after today were either, because now, I'm choosing "bottom" instead of side. But, if you choose any of my listings...listed between 5/31 and 6/7, on a MOBILE device, then click "item description to see "all of the photos," none of the photos show up, except the first one that ebay themselves shows.

For example: GAP Black Strapless Dress 100% Cotton Sz M Medium 112426451602

Also: London Times Petites 14P Dress Black & Multi-Color Sleeveless 122533192567

Thank you for checking a tiny bit further.

Nicole
Hello,

I am following up to let you know that this issue has been resolved. The layout issue should no longer occur on mobile devices going forward.

Please note that this will not alter listings already posted using the layouts, but newly posted listings will not encounter this issue.

Should you run into further difficulty, please feel free to file a support case letting us know what you run into and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.