Skip to main content

Just a quirky thing to let you know if it happens to you... I had the auto relist feature activated in Auctiva, which basically said if "no items sell then auto relist".( which was set up weeks ago and has become an automatic part of my listings)

The thing is I had one remaining store item on Ebay that I needed to delete, (as all had gone manually to auction)and the one left was found to be defective.

So I went on Ebay to cancel the last store item and two hours later it was back ... it happened 5 times and Ebay help could not figure out why the sale item kept being reposted. ... thats when I remebered the Auctiva relist feature and decided to look at my Auctiva settings.

I think this is what happens .....
It seems that because no actual items sold in the store (as they where manually transferred to online sales) so when I deleted the sale .... the Auctiva function did what it was desiged to do and that is relist the item.

As no direct sales took place on the store item it was relisted.... the current rules as are in place cant determine that the sale ended because it was manually deleted.

So on store posted items I no longer use this auto fuction when listing , just to elliminate the potential of the problem happening in future.

I thought you all might appreciate knowing in case you ever encounter the same thing. ... I have not read all the postings here , perhaps it may have been mentioned before.

Perhaps there is anouther fix or suggestion , if so please let me know.

thank you

John
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Unfortunately relists have happened to me over and over. I am pulling my hair out while racking up more and more ebay fees.

After cancelling several duplicate listings (over and over) I am told by Auctiva that you have to cancel the auto list in the original auctiva listing. If you just cancel a listing in ebay it will (as you say) not recognize it as a non-sale and relist it again.

I also think they have another problem which needs to be corrected. This relist has happened on SALES that WERE made but NOT paid thru Pay Pal. Every sale that was made and paid via money order managed to relist itself.

... NOW THATS A PROBLEM!

SQ
I used Auctiva's Auto-Relist for a while, then eventually abandoned it. Had the problem of its delaying relists by several hours, or even til the next day - then it would reload a bunch all at once, with no time spread, at unpredictable hours. It's easier to just go in and do some 'pointin and clickin' to relist the stuff - at known hours and with a known time spread.

Something to watch, when you revert to manually setting Relists, is which Auctiva screen you Relist from. If a listing would qualify for eBay's relisting fee credit (when it sells on the second try), you have to relist it from Auctiva's Closed Listings screen to get the credit. If you relisted by cueing it up 'fresh' from Saved Listings, you don't get the credit.
Last edited by imagebyclemmie

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.