Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I know a few of the differences but probably do not remember them all.

There use to be a SELECT ALL button that you could select everything and the and erase button that worked with this if you wanted...that erased the HTML. there were other buttons, but I would have to see them to remember their names. Seems scissors and something else. (like 4 small buttons)

NOW. in order to do that...you have to copy the listing into I do it on yellow sticky, others do in word I believe. You paste that, Then highlight in the text again and cut/paste it into auctiva.

I have trouble with the cut/paste working on the new editor...so I have to do PREVIEW do get it to cut/paste. I understand you can do with control and it will work also. I DO NOT USE that, as I have had it totally delete the text before.

If you post a print screen of the old page, I will look further..and tell you other differences, it is just hard to remember when I have not had it for awhile.

I do not know WHY they did not include that in the "new and improved" version....as I see no real improvement myself. In one browers there are also kick backs not sure what you call it. ...when you backspace that I did not have problem with before. You backspace one space and it will hit in the MIDDLE of the word you did before or somewhere else that you did not go to.

Also text size if you backspace in other browser goes to smaller letters...so you have to hook onto the last character of last word to get same size letters or same font.

My advise.....DO NOT SWITCH!!!! I would never have done it IF I had been told upfront that I could not go back. I feel like I was thrown off a cliff only to find I could not get back up.

Eventually I am sure they will make you switch...but I HATE< HATE< HATE it and would go back in a snap.

Interestingly the reason I was told I needed to switch did not help the issue I had.

I think it should be a choice...as I am sure the new may have some new and improved things...I have used it for awhile now...and still do not like it.
I was told all new accounts would have the new design editor, no choice any more. Eventually you will not have a choice and all accounts will have to use the new editor. Reason I was given is that some browsers had problems with the old editor.
I have 2 accounts on the old right now and 1 on the new and I definitely prefer the old. I find it much more user friendly and capable of doing more easier than the new one.
Just my opinion. If you never used the old, it would make no difference.
I agree completely. I also have more than one account and have the old editor on one and the new editor on the other. The old editor is by far the better editor.

I feel this is again one of those instances where it would have been nice to ask input of those using it regularly or at the very least let seller have a choice which they prefer to use.

If some want to use the new editor give them the option just as if other want to use the old editor allow them the option.

It doesn't always need to be one "or" the other both can be presented as an option much like now for those still using the old editor. There is an option to switch in the account preferences. So just give the option to everyone and let people choose for themselves which they want to use.

Problem solved and everyone is happy.
Unfortunately, I switched! Wish I had been warned! Had I known you could not go back I sure would not have switched.

I would LOVE choice!!!!!

OR at VERY, VERY minimum to go back to the old until Google Chrome Enter issue is totally resolved. I would also LOVE to see some of the features that are NOT on NEW added to the new BEFORE this becomes a mandatory change for everyone. Old one was much more user friendly. I am sure it had some problems but for me....but being able to strip the template was a HUGE help. New does not have that at all. So you have to copy, paste into a word document, then copy again and paste into listing then do your size, color, etc.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.