Skip to main content

I've quit including UPS in eBay's shipping calculator because it undercharges by about $2. I like to give the buyers a few choices, for example: USPS Priority, Parcel Post, UPS.

If I add $2 as a handling fee, then the buyers are seriously overcharged if they choose USPS. There is no way to charge separate handling fees.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
I like to use PM and love the free supplies

You've got my interest!!! What is "PM" and what free supplies do you get from them?

I have a question about shipping....i.e. I put a pair of shoes on auction for $8.99 with postage of $5.71 using the EBAY calculator (I chose the zipcode from a city/town as far away from me as possible and did not add handling fee)

Another posting in the same area has a pair of shoes that are identical to mine but has a fixed postage of $3.75....after deducting the Ebay posting fee ($.70, plus the gallary fee $.35, the final selling fee, and possibly the Paypal fee, how can this person ship something so cheaply?

What am I doing wrong!

TENNISNTRAINS - another former sd lister
PM is Priority Mail. You can get boxes and envelopes for free either at the post office or on their website. I do this and it saves a ton of money.

I don't add in my fees to my shipping costs. I add them into the item cost. I concider it part of the cost of that item. So I don't list items lower than what it cost me or else I will be losing money. Not good business.

I don't think it's a good idea to add in the fees to the shipping costs. It's not part of shipping and I believe is against eBay policy to add to the shipping amount. (I could be wrong on that part.)

I don't know why their shipping was lower than yours. Perhaps they aren't shipping Priority. Perhaps they didn't do any shipping cost research and will lose money. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
quote:
It's not part of shipping and I believe is against eBay policy to add to the shipping amount

You are allowed to add it in as a handling fee, eBay provides a space for that on their SYI form.

You are NOT allowed to charge a special fee just for Paypal. You have to charge everyone, no matter how they pay you. For example, you can't say, "If paying by Paypal, add 50 cents".

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.