Skip to main content

Hi- ARGGGGGGG
Ebay has once again changed category numbers. Right now almost everyt item I relist says category has been changed. Sooooo you put in new category number AND that deletes the custom specifics, so those have to be redone also.

Anyone know of a quicker way to do this other than going in and individually doing each item? I can't seem to locate a bulk way to do this.

Thanks for any help.
Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Vickie,

I'm not sure there is a bulk way yet. eBay says on their site that "Bulk edit functionality updates coming in April will support item specifics" so stay tuned to their announcements. Also, they say that "Starting May 9, 2011 you'll be able to use Advanced Search in Selling Manager/Selling Manager Pro to run a report to see which of your active listings are missing required item specifics. To get the report, search item specifics "are required and not specified."

If you haven't seen it, there is an FAQ (written by eBay) that you can read here at the link.

I hope this helps.
Thanks Tony.. I have not seen the question part, though did see something on a tool and not even sure where on ebay I saw it. I did call and live chat with ebay to get them to tell me about the tool and how to use it... what can I say 4 people and a SUPERVISOR
C L U E L E S S!! Two one phone and one live did not even know how to use the tools they have available now! Thanks it is nice to have auctiva to tell us what is may be coming.

Guess I should NOT end any listings until they get the tool, as this is such a TIME CONSUMER!! Since I now end listing every 30 days and start them over.

Also, know any information on this (specifically the color swatches)know where we can get the guide they are using, they have a couple of items as examples, but does not cover all buyer will see).

gradients of color and allows sellers to provide their own specific color or designer color. When searching for items, buyers will see color swatches and not just text describing the color of an item.

Thanks soooo much for the help you give us members! It is very much appreciated. Eek

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Ed Neff..
Thanks for the info. When you are doing this are you changing a category in a listing that has not been dropped? (say just to another category)

I tried in several categories and the custom specifics is no longer there, I assume because ebay dropped the category all together.

Auctiva, anyway to leave that there for awhile? So that we could do this.

Thanks for the stab, IF you are doing on categories that are dead pls. send more info. so I can find out why mine are zipped.

Thanks
vickie
Someone tell me how are you getting this to work when category is totally deleted from ebay/auctiva system. Are you doing on totally dead categories?

Once I put in new category the conditions pops up (just as I had it before) the custom specifics comes up but is blank. Before this both are poof gone, not there at all, so can't open?

Every time I go in to change the Custom Specifics is not there at all. I assumed because category dropped totally from system.

Thanks for any help.

Vickie
Mike somehow I overlooked your post, did you find what you were looking for???

IF you talking about list on ebay site, (I do not think there is one on auctiva that I have found). If you are talking about ebay site here is link.

http://shop.ebay.com/allcategories/all-categories

I normally just pick from auctiva pop ups.

ITSJUSTME . . . I wondered IF I had gone totally crazy, I have tried this over and over cleared cookies and cache, tried all browsers I can find. Ebay has said they are going to have something up on May 9th that should convert them, HOWEVER, the rep did not act that knowledgeable about the situation, so I seriously doubt it will be that easy IF they have anything at all. I did ask the to QUIT sending reminders about updating listings IF they are NOT ready for us to do UPDATES!!!

Hope you do not have many to fix as it is pain in the rear!!

Vickie

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.