Skip to main content

ANY font I "try-on" stays in the HTML & when I settle on 1 I like, I click "Select All" & change to that font/color/other attribute but it doesn't change everything! >(

Yes, I Auto-Save ~ EVERYBODY uses Auto-Save!! We'd be crazy NOT to!!

PLEASE fix this!! I spend 5-15 minutes on EVERY auction going into the HTML & DELETING the wrong fonts, usually end up accidentally deleting a word, space or character/letter, then have to go back to Basic View to search for the accidentally-deleted thing. It's just CRAZY to work like this!

I may be off-base, but didn't this start happing about the time I started seeing that "Span" command in the HTML?

This problem is fairly horrible; makes my auctions look bad, sloppy, ignorant & illegible if I don't spend the time deleting the wrong HTML. So what if there's a nice template if your text sounds & looks like a kindergartener did it.

This snafu is making a simple process, incredibly complicated, tedious, and TIME-CONSUMING!!! PLEASE help!!?? Mad

Edit: I just tried creating a listing from scratch. VERY simple: ONE paragraph & 3 pics in the body. To change the font from the default to Times New Roman, I hit the button to "Select All" then changed the font. Guess what?? Auctiva didn't change all the hightlighted area. A portion in the MIDDLE of the highlighted area didn't change. Arrrgh!!!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi crabby,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. I realize that you have read over my response to a similar thread that was posted in the "Templates & Custom Templates" section of our forum, but I could not help but notice that your account is still configured to use the older description editor we have available.

The issue I mentioned that can cause the formatting to reset to the default when the Auto Save Description feature is used is still a known issue impacting both editors that we hope to resolve with a future site update, but I feel there is a good chance you will have a better experience if you use our newer editor.

If you would like to give the new editor a try, just mouse over the “My Account” tab within your account, select the “Account Preferences” option under “Settings”, check the box next to “Use Design Editor v2.0” and then click the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

If you continue to encounter any of these issues while using the new editor, please file a support case from under the “Help” tab and we will see what we can do to help you out. Any information you can provide that would help us reproduce the issues you experience would be helpful.

-Mike
quote:
“Use Design Editor v2.0”

Ok. Did that, thanks, seemed to be going okay but just now i was creating a listing & everything froze up when I was uploading the pics for it. While they pics were uploading, I went back to the text box & clicked the "Special Characters" option as I wanted to select a special character to add to my listing. All went gray & froze up on me. Frown ...the good news is that the pics continued to upload, the bad news is I lost all my work on that listing. Frown( .. I shuda known. smh.
Frankly, I think the new editor has issues, I am not fan, liked old one as far as actual changing and doing listing. It is like we took one steps forward 2 steps back. i.e. there is no select all to highlight listing area to make changes or eraser to dump old HTML coding. I was told that feature will not be on the new design editor, and found I used it a lot. To me this was another change for the lets just change something. I do not understand change when you may add something but other features are removed that auctiva previously highly recommended we use. If change is going to be made, please add new things needed, but do not take away the things that were used and previously recommended by Auctiva for years. Obviously, if auctiva recommended use of these for years, then it was used function, so do not understand trashing it. And toggling back & forth between old and new editor is WASTE. . of . . Time!!

Just my thought.. .
Last edited by lookandbuyme
quote:
“Use Design Editor v2.0” and then click the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

I've been using v2.0 since it came out. I didn't USED to have problems with it, but these last few months using it has been ridiculously time-consuming to get it to take the font I choose.

I ALWAYS highlight all my text and click "Arial" but when I go to preview (or my eBay listings if i forget to preview), there's a mix of THREE types of font, some of them look like from the DOS era!! I hate this!! Makes my auctions look old and crappy, big time. WHY the HECK would HTML decide to change itself??? if i save something then it should save the way i had it ~ NOT change it to something i didn't select!!!! And, I can highlight my text, select "Ariel", then go to preview only to see THREE different type fonts. SUPERBLY ANNOYING! WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED ONCE AND FOR ALL???? I could list 5-6 more items a day if I weren't spending so much time on getting my fonts right! Mad
Any ETA for a fix with this issue? I select the Arial font in my new listings and everytime they go to ebay my description shows up in TWO DIFFERENT fonts! This is highly frustrating, annoying, and a waste of my PRECIOUS TIME already, Auctiva! Your editor has been screwy for FOREVER - v.1 and v.2. We need a good, ORDERLY v.3! We needed one years ago...

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.