Skip to main content

Hi, Everyone!

A newbie here who will probably have tons of questions over the next few weeks/months.

1st Question: I created an auction description and saved in Profiles. After loading this profile into a new listing, I go to preview and discover that the font size is not the same throughout the description. The font size is the same in the profile, but somehow it changes after it is loaded into the new listing. Some of the font is so tiny I can't read it - talk about The Fine Print!! LOL

I sure would appreciate any suggestions you may have...

Jo
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, Choo!

It was originally done in html and saved in Windows. I removed the html, copied and pasted into Auctiva's Item Description.

The font looks fine on the item descript page UNTIL I "preview" it - this is where the font size changes.

I've tried several different template designs and even no template, but nothing has changed the font problem.

Jo
Hi Bob Who ?

As you are creating the description in HTML are you specifying the font size, I believe that if you do not absolutely specify it then it can change dynamically dependent on window size.

I write my listings only in HTML now but my HTML knowledge is limited however I always explicitly specify font family by name and font size in 'points'.
Actually, the description in HTML is fine - no size difference. It is just when I use the non-HTML there is a problem.

Because I am youth and computer challenged, my knowledge of HTML ranks below a 5 year old - I can figure out font size, color, paragraph, break, bold, and that is about it. For this reason, it would be sooo much easier for me to write my auctions in non-HTML, but I can't figure out why the font size changes...
quote:
It is just when I use the non-HTML there is a problem

I thought you said it was originally done in HTML ?

Are these 'non HTML' bits pasted from M$Word or Frontpage because I found and heard that there is so much fluff and bloat in the HTML they create even different browsers and previewers interpret it different.

Unfortunately browsers are designed to read broken and distorted code and make something of it, trouble is they don't all agree and send out confusing and conflicting symptoms.

This is the reason I decided that HTML only was the only reliable route.

I took a piece of bloat generated code and parred away by trial and error plus some HTML documentation to see what was really needed, about 10% or less of what Word creates and I gather from others it is similar for Frontpage too.

I believe it is much easier to write and debug simple HTML rather than try and work out why bloated fluff loaded code does not work in scenario #1, 2 or 3 but does in #4 Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.