Skip to main content

BidPay (www.bidpay.com) has relaunched. Looks like they have decided that a seller fee comparative to Paypal is the best way to support their business. My guess is that they are depending enough business from disgruntled Paypal users, that they didn't have to provide any kind of substantial savings in transaction fees unless you are selling big ticket items.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by bartonsbargains:
BidPay (www.bidpay.com) has relaunched. Looks like they have decided that a seller fee comparative to Paypal is the best way to support their business. My guess is that they are depending enough business from disgruntled Paypal users, that they didn't have to provide any kind of substantial savings in transaction fees unless you are selling big ticket items.
Here is one disgruntled PayPal user who has re upped with the new BidPay no more money orders looks a lot like PayPal. Go hereif you want to check it out or sign up. You have to sign up again even if you were previously registered with BidPay as they are owned by a different company.
The new BidPay is much different then the old BidPay that was WesternUnion Money Orders. The new bidpay will only accept credit cards - no bank transfers and will only ACH the funds into your bank account.

Unlike the old BidPay - the SELLER pays not the buyer.
Domestic (United States) 2.5% + $0.50/txn
International* (Outside the United States)
2.9% + $0.50/txn

Basically CyberSource bought the Name and customer list from Western Union after it closed BidPay. Other then that - they have nothing in common.
The new BidPay is much different then the old BidPay that was WesternUnion Money Orders. The new bidpay will only accept credit cards - no bank transfers and will only ACH the funds into your bank account.

Unlike the old BidPay - the SELLER pays not the buyer.
Domestic (United States) 2.5% + $0.50/txn
International* (Outside the United States)
2.9% + $0.50/txn

Basically CyberSource bought the Name and customer list from Western Union after it closed BidPay. Other then that - they have nothing in common.
>>>>
I signed up for it, not because I hate PayPal, but just because I want an alternative for international payments that is safer.

Do you think this is still safer than PP?

Thanks.

Mike
I have ben using a paypal merchant account for 2 yrs and have yet to have a problem. Am I just lucky? Is something going to happen with paypal that I should be aware of? I always see in these forums of how much people hate paypal. I must be missing something...its been as smooth as silk so far and I love the 4.25% im earning on my balance with them. You guys have me worried now. What is it that I need to know about paypal?
Count yourself lucky! I had my account frozen, TWICE! I had a buyer file a complaint while I was away. Couldnt respond. When I got back, it was decided in their favor. I appealed showing it was sent to a confirmed address AND they signed for it! The did not side with me and kept my account frozen with over $500 in it! I later created another paypal account with all new info but I forgot one time and logged in with my normal IP adress and not our static IP and they caught it and again froze that account with a few hundred dollars in it (because the two accounts were linked). All this because some ass KNEW I would be gone (stated it in my ads). I followed their rules and shipped to a confirmed address and got a signature too. You just never know! ~Steph
quote:
Originally posted by megnsamsgrace:
Count yourself lucky! I had my account frozen, TWICE! I had a buyer file a complaint while I was away. Couldnt respond. When I got back, it was decided in their favor. I appealed showing it was sent to a confirmed address AND they signed for it! The did not side with me and kept my account frozen with over $500 in it! I later created another paypal account with all new info but I forgot one time and logged in with my normal IP adress and not our static IP and they caught it and again froze that account with a few hundred dollars in it (because the two accounts were linked). All this because some ass KNEW I would be gone (stated it in my ads). I followed their rules and shipped to a confirmed address and got a signature too. You just never know! ~Steph
I had my acount frozen too just because one buyer complained and paypal seems to beleive whatever the buyer claims. Then one day I receive an email stating my account has been closed and my money is frozen. I also had over 500.00 in my account. I was a member of paypal from the begining and thought it was great. So just be careful because you can not appeal their decisions.
I have been having some sucess with ProPay I have sent out about 30 email invoices with about 60 percent responding to pay with ProPay. You can have your money transfered to a bank account and they also offer a debit mastercard to go with your account.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
quote:
I have ben using a paypal merchant account for 2 yrs and have yet to have a problem.

I'm the same as you, West -- I've never had any problems with PayPal.

BUT: There are a MILLION stories out there and none of them good. I sometimes feel like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Yep, thats exactly the feeling im having..so when they froze your accounts..how did you get your money back..surly it isnt legal for them to keep it?...at least I wouldnt tink so.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.