Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey There Magie!

Nope..I gave it some consideration, thought about it some more...and decided nope.

My reason? Two fold actually.

eBay US throws we US sellers these bones and if everytime I bite, it just shows them we're willing to pay for other things other countries get for free...then they're gonna keep doing it.

Second..when I've jumped on the bandwagong b4 in regards to this. I'll be darned if and if I need to reup the auction, I forget to take the "cheaper" product out of the auction. Then I'm paying full price for it...and I hate that.

Good Luck WAHM. Keep us apprised to if you do well with this sale. I might jump on the bandwagong next time.

Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
Hey There Magie!

Second..when I've jumped on the bandwagong b4 in regards to this. I'll be darned if and if I need to reup the auction, I forget to take the "cheaper" product out of the auction. Then I'm paying full price for it...and I hate that.

Donna

Hello Donna,

I agree. I only use gallery because eBay convinced everyone they 'need' it thus making it next to impossible to not use it, because now everyone useses it.

Grrrrrrr....

With the new Pop or whatever they're calling it, I'm thinking of moving to the calculated shipping method. If they're going to show the lowest priced item (including shipping), I wonder if doing this will help me be one of the lowest priced. I'll have to read up on it.

Jackie has a cute handbag template up. I bet if you bring her a gif / jpg you want in place of the handbags, she will replace it. It's so cute it makes me want it, lol. Go check it out.

I've set a goal for myself. A good year ago I was talking to Michelle about opening an office or boutique but never did. In the meantime, she went out and did just that (I'm very proud of her!). Soooooo, I'm finally going to do it.

I want a funky, hip, eclectic boutique. Keep the Macy's brands for eBay. I want vintage, gothic, steetwear, artsy boutique wear, sexy club wear kinda duds. Decorate in a collage of colors, textures and fixtures that all marry well together. The business model I am going to model myself after is, The Buffalo Exchange. Only with more of an eclectic edge.

It's fun looking at retail hardware. Some of it it isn't too bad. I was surprised at how low a decent cash register costs. Also, I'm looking into buying direct from overseas manufacturers.

Anyway, it is a way off (need a lot more capital) but, I am going to do it.

I'll be damned if every name I think of isn't already taken, lol Feel free to drop hip names (small easy to remember ones) here. Some that isn't gender specific geared toward a 20 to 40 demographic. With 25 to 35 being the max target.

Okay, I'm outta here.
Yeah, I decided to not try the promo either. I was never one to use border or highlight or any of those things Ebay dreamed up to nickel and dime us. I had forgotten too about how the images have to be hosted on Ebay (Don't get me started on that one) and I am too lazy to play around with the images once I have them loaded for here.

Marcia
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
Hello Donna,

I've set a goal for myself. A good year ago I was talking to Michelle about opening an office or boutique but never did. In the meantime, she went out and did just that (I'm very proud of her!). Soooooo, I'm finally going to do it.

I want a funky, hip, eclectic boutique. Keep the Macy's brands for eBay. I want vintage, gothic, steetwear, artsy boutique wear, sexy club wear kinda duds. Decorate in a collage of colors, textures and fixtures that all marry well together. The business model I am going to model myself after is, The Buffalo Exchange. Only with more of an eclectic edge.

It's fun looking at retail hardware. Some of it it isn't too bad. I was surprised at how low a decent cash register costs. Also, I'm looking into buying direct from overseas manufacturers.

Anyway, it is a way off (need a lot more capital) but, I am going to do it.

I'll be damned if every name I think of isn't already taken, lol Feel free to drop hip names (small easy to remember ones) here. Some that isn't gender specific geared toward a 20 to 40 demographic. With 25 to 35 being the max target.

Okay, I'm outta here.

I had thought of using calculated also, but dayum it's just so much easier to put in my prefigured shipping and be done with it...so I'll flip flop a bit longer.

Danielle did my ME page, Logo and Auction Template..Couldn't have for a greater look and feel.

Sunshine Designs for everyone that doesn't know who Danielle/WAHM922 is. Stellar work. (the link is on my webpage and/or I'll email it to you via ask question)

I saw that Michelle has been selling silk flower arrangements. Pass on my congratulations, she's worked hard and deserves the accolades.

I started work part time in a neighborhood dress shop and having a fun time. It's only about 15 hours a week but any more than that wouldn't work for me.

I love the kinda store you're talking about and can imagine you in one of those easily. Very easily!

Dreams aren't meant to be kept...they're meant to be done. I don't understand persons that don't have dreams or aspirations for themselves. I can't imagine not having dreams...it would be so sad.

I trust this will happen with you.

My g/friend and I have been developing a few ideas for a partnership...one of them being a vintage, retro type store. My daughter has a knack for knowing what's going to be hip in the vintage/retro world in the coming year. And she'd be a great worker for the venture.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....dreams.

Love hearing from ya gal. You know my email and if you ever feel like dropping me an email...DO it!

Visit my site and you'll see my clothing encounter and the template. I'm just getting rock n rolling again.

My Best,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.