Skip to main content

I shared this above in one of the forums and thought I'd better put it here, too.

ENJOY!
Donna

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm#1
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the link Donna. I think people will like the new IE that will be coming out soon as well..it has tabbed browsing and all the features of the ones mentioned in that article. It also has another feature that I absolutely love..Page resizing...if you go to a website that is laid out in a bigger format than your window, you can choose to resize the page to fit just by clicking a tab..its great no more side scrolling. It has alot of great features...I just hope the final release, which I suspect will come out when Vista does, will be as stable as it is funtional. You can get the beta version from microsoft if you like...I used it and it worked perfectly. I am waiting for the final release though to use it in a working environment. Take care, William
quote:
Originally posted by Westvatexan:
Thanks for the link Donna. I just hope the final release, which I suspect will come out when Vista does, will be as stable as it is funtional. You can get the beta version from microsoft if you like...I used it and it worked perfectly. I am waiting for the final release though to use it in a working environment. Take care, William

I have kinda stepped aside from downloading the new IE 7. Everything runs so smooth on my computers right now that I'm kinda scared to "muck" them up.

Remember how with the XP 2 Service Pack there were problems?

EEEEK.
The Page Resizing would be great for auctions doncha think for buyers when auctions are too big for the page?

I'm even more a'skeeered of Vista. <smile>

I'm wanting to buy a new laptop but won't be able to get one until after Vista comes out and that means I'll be the guinea pig that keeps having to learn and report bugs to Vista staff.

<sigh>

Keep me apprised on how it goes..since you're liking 7 so much, I just might go by your recommendation and d/load it....maybe. <smile>

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Daddyo:
Very impressive list Donna. I particularly liked the website downloader. I think it might be possible to speed up my alternate website webpage building with it by just cut and paste on the titles and desciptions, etc. Is this what you use for doing this?

Thanks Daddyo!

I just put another link and that has 101 freebies by PCWorld. I trust em.

I'm still playing with lots of software trying to figure out which ones I like and which ones I don't.

I haven't played with that software much..I'm going over to it after answering my email to dig into it. Sounds great!

Thanks for the heads up!
Donna
Rosemary, yes the #34 Best free website ripper.

Years ago, when I was having my first website built, the designers were ripping me off in not getting it done. They were already 60 days into the project for a website that would fit on 1/3rd. of a floppy disk. So I went to another designer, local who in turn charged me to finish it within 2 weeks. While I sat there he downloaded everything they had done up to that point in time.

Just like that and to this day did not know how he did it. So the program has been around for a while. I think it could be useful to have to make edited copies of titles, and descriptions to cut an paste up to a duplicate site one could be building, instead of having 2 sites on, online at the same time in 2 windows.

I have had freezeups in the middle of this kind of work before. So thought it might be helpful for this kind of work.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.