Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is same question I asked back when auctiva thought we were all rich and could afford the enormous fees they proposed. I wrote because frankly, I could not afford the fees and was preparing to break up. Below is email I got, I assume this is way we still do this as surely if there was easier way I think it would be advertised???

quote:
Mike
Support
Posted Thursday, 6/4/2009 8:58 AM
Dear lookandbuyme,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. If you need to take the images from your Auctiva account and move them to anohter photo host, you would have to save those images from your Auctiva account to your computer and then upload the images from your computer to your new photo host.

You could save the each image in your Auctiva account to your computer by going to the Manage Images page within your account, clicking the thumbnail version of the image to be taken to the full size version of the image, then right clicking the full size version of the images and selecting the "Save Image As" option.

Hope this helps. . .
Hi Community,

As was the case back in 2009, we do not currently offer any tools that can be used to export all of your images from your Auctiva account to your computer in bulk. Therefore, the only way to accomplish this task is to save each one to your computer individually from your Image Management page within Auctiva.

If you are going to be doing this, you will want to be sure to click the thumbnail version of each image you would like to save to your computer to reveal the full size version of the image and then right click on the full size version of the image and select the "Save Image As" option. Otherwise, you would only end up saving the thumbnails.

If you are receiving warning messages indicating your images are protected when you right click on them, you can prevent that from happening by disabling the Image Protection setting in your account, which can be done by clicking the "Images" tab within your account and then clicking the "Enabled" link in the Image Protection box.

I hope this clears things up. If you have any other questions about this, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
Folks with the "new player in town" you didn't REALLY think Auctiva would let you simply download your images so you could upload them someplace else did you? Next thing you'll all want to have Auctitva provide a way that you could create a TL file of your old listings. Not that it would do ME any good since Auctiva trashed everything I had....
I'm sure it was always the case. Truthfully, the images without the listings associated with them don't really help. If my listings were intact, I would simply wait for a free listing day, run them at about 500 a pop, cancel them and download to TL where they would be in perfect format for any competitor. Of course I can't do that but I do save every weeks listings on TL going forward for future use, since I have had to waste 3-4 hours a week redoing what I shouldn't have to be redoing.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.