Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just weighing in on this subject. Auctiva images are not showing anywhere that Auctiva images are meant to be, at least not in my area of western NC!
I strongly agree with the suggestion that when these sorts of problems are occurring and being dealt with, Home page should notify, to give those who sign in a little warning in advance. It takes time and effort to compose a listing. There is immense disappointment and frustration in discovering that your listing is missing vital information and has lost much or all of its potential to sell.
Please be more generous about this. I have no listings on right now, but have some ready to schedule. I'd have a large and very painful cow if they posted only partially and I learned later that Auctiva knew it was having problems even while it let me post.
Hi odzplayer,

While I appreciate your suggestion and understand your concern, there was not ample time to post an update on our home page in this situation. Posting a site-wide alert on our home page requires a database update and is more time consuming than simply resolving the image hosting issue.

Hypothetically, by the time the site-wide alert was posted, it would no longer be relevant.

Thank you for your input.

-Mike
Mike, thanks for your prompt and courteous reply. Your mama raised you good.

Actually, I had in mind an event similar to this one some time back, when Auctiva postings were doing weird and inconvenient things. That persisted off and on for some time. I posted in the middle of it all and it was a bad week, eBay-wise. I said words I didn't even know I knew.

I wasn't aware that a notice during those events would be a biggie. Thanks for the info. I guess the best solution would be to check the message boards first and see what's happening.
Hi, Not so much a reply but added concern. It is now 11:21GMT 22nd Sept and my Auctiva Shop Window is not displaying any images - they worked for most of this week except for two items which continually showed 'Loading Images'. I am launching a new range on eBay 1st Oct and I am worried that Auctiva may not be able to fully support my time, effort, and cash investment. What's happening?
It is apparent from the postings here that this failure of images to show on listing has been going on for a while. Over the past 10 days my sales have slipped by 50%. I have seen a few times the promise that all will be well within the next 15 minutes or very shortly but it is still happening days later.
The suggestion that we file support requests is also a waste of time, as we need to know what is going to happen in the future not an explanation of what went wrong in the past when it is too late.
Many of us run a lot of listings and schedule them 5 or 7 days in advance so are locked in to auctiva’s performance and depend on it.
Can we please have some assurances that Auctiva have sorted the image-loading problem on our listings or not! Without that there seems no alternative but to bite the bullet cancel all my listings (losing the listing fees) and re-list with another provider.
I appreciate that Auctiva is a free service but at the moment I am paying through the teeth in lost sales, as are many others.
I joined about a month ago with the hope of reducing my listing expenditure and boosting sales. After an encouraging start all progress has been reversed by the image-loading problem.
Please – Can anyone from Auctiva give us the assurance that the problem has been solved?
well it seems to be up and running , i was having problems with sales as well. but you guys need to realize it is alot to handle for auctiva . i am very pleased with the customer service as well as the fast responses . my site if finally inproved with the images and window . im just always haveing trouble finding my listings . maybe i have to many . Big Grin i am pleased !
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.