Skip to main content

I just got an email from eBay that indicates starting in Oct, it will be required to use their picture hosting for at least 1 photo for all new listings, revised listings or relistings . If we must use their photo hosting, how will we still do our listings through Auctiva?
Here is the link:
http://mail.ebay.com/r/mail/10...3bf7II18221ab08a2II1
I do not want to create a listing in Auctiva and upload it to eBay and then have to upload my photos directly to eBay. Is this what to expect?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi JeanieB,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. As Ed suggested, any header and gallery images that are specified for listings you post through Auctiva are submitted to eBay's picture hosting service so you should not have to do anything differently to meet the "at least one eBay hosted picture" requirement that is mentioned in that announcement.

However, it definitely sounds like this upcoming change to eBay's mobile website and/or app *may* cause images embedded within the description of your listings not to show up on mobile devices so potential buyers who view your items on mobile devices may not see the images that normally show up within the Auctiva templates in your listings.

In order to ensure those who view your items on mobile devices can see all of your product images, it may be a good idea to start adding your images to the Optional eBay Gallery Images section on the lister page as well when creating your listings through Auctiva.

All of the images that are entered in the Optional eBay Gallery Images section are submitted to eBay's picture hosting service so doing so should ensure that all of those images can be viewed through mobile devices once this change is implemented.

I hope this helps.

-Mike
quote:
All of the images that are entered in the Optional eBay Gallery Images section are submitted to eBay's picture hosting service so doing so should ensure that all of those images can be viewed through mobile devices once this change is implemented.

So does this mean we would need to go onto ebays listing site and upload additional gallery Pictures?

Why not have a way when we post a item that it will automatically add the first 12 pictures straight to ebays picture system and also add them to the body of the listing?
Ebayland

I will give a HUGE AMEN to that...and have asked auctiva to automatically do that in order others are put in when they first got this.

It is actually in the "TO DO" area of the feature center, however has been on there forever, and it is obvious this is the "forgotten" child, although auctiva has told us several times it is NOT forgotten. *maybe I should say neglected child * It appears as though it has been as some things on the to do list have been done....

Here is link I suggest adding your comment, as when I posted it appears it got no comments, and not sure about votes.

http://www.auctiva.com/products/features.aspx

It would BE HUGE time saver...and for those, (who for some strange reason) would not want them, they would click one button and magic they are all gone).

Others, if you think this is needed please put that HERE and go to feature center to do and add a comment....as this does not seem like rocket science to me!

IF you do not give your opinion, auctiva may think this is an absurd idea! To me this ASSURED OUR pictures are shown somewhere!!!!

Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Ebayland

I will give a HUGE AMEN to that...and have asked auctiva to automatically do that in order others are put in when they first got this.

It is actually in the "TO DO" area of the feature center, however has been on there forever, and it is obvious this is the "forgotten" child, although auctiva has told us several times it is NOT forgotten. *maybe I should say neglected child * It appears as though it has been as some things on the to do list have been done....

Here is link I suggest adding your comment, as when I posted it appears it got no comments, and not sure about votes.

It would BE HUGE time saver...and for those, (who for some strange reason) would not want them, they would click one button and magic they are all gone).

Others, if you think this is needed please put that HERE and go to feature center to do and add a comment....as this does not seem like rocket science to me!

IF you do not give your opinion, auctiva may think this is an absurd idea! To me this ASSURED OUR pictures are shown somewhere!!!!

Thanks

This should have been done long ago. Matter fact it should have been number 1 on the list to do.
I suspect that this new ebay change is gonna have a huge impact on listing sites.

I didnt see a post in the To Do list for this change. What did you call it?
Last edited by ebayland
I want to hear from Tech support on this issue.
I for one am not going to do all the work on this site just to have to go over to ebay and load up pictures on there site.
Also the issue already with error 104 on Supersizing.
This is not a issue you can just ignore and you should have been addressed long ago.
I am not even gonna wait for a response. I have already began to plan a new strategy.
Here is link again so others do not have to play hunt the link as feature center is hard to find if you have never used. (I think)

Here is cut/paste of the one to look for it is 3rd from the top.

Image Selection & Enable Optional Ebay Gallery Images

I would post cut/paste of what I wrote then, however, that would stop people from going there and commenting there IN ADDITION to here, I would think.

This SHOULD have been DONE a LONG, LONG time ago.

Please others...IF you want this post it here and put comment on feature center. We ALL know...the squeaky wheels get the grease!!! (sometimes) Let's face it this is something I would think 90% of us would USE!! In this case, silence is NOT golden!!! ANYONE who uses more than one picture would use this.

I am not getting error code on my iphone...but am checking my own listing...so maybe that is why???
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Here is link again so others do not have to play hunt the link as feature center is hard to find if you have never used. (I think)

Here is cut/paste of the one to look for it is 3rd from the top.

I would post cut/paste of what I wrote then, however, that would stop people from going there and commenting there IN ADDITION to here, I would think.

This SHOULD have been DONE a LONG, LONG time ago.

Please others...IF you want this post it here and put comment on feature center. We ALL know...the squeaky wheels get the grease!!! (sometimes) Let's face it this is something I would think 90% of us would USE!! In this case, silence is NOT golden!!! ANYONE who uses more than one picture would use this.

I am not getting error code on my iphone...but am checking my own listing...so maybe that is why???

I found the post and added my comment. I checked with the guy who called me. He is running I believe Safari as a Internet explorer version.
I have never ever seen a site such as this were you have to run 3 or 4 different Internet explorer's just to get all the function's run correctly.
Strange...but today this is in different position, at least in my browser...so please look for subject.

Here is link - Subject, etc.

I am assuming comments there have to be approved. I posted comment as I previously have, but apparently they are censored or have to be approved (my last request for information, was not approved as I specifically remember dating it.) NO it was NOT a hostile statement for those who may think it was, it was asking for update.

Hopefully we will get some input on Monday...I hope.

SO if you post there..it may or may not show up...so please do in both places.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Bottom Line......... I am not listing anything else from here until I see that auctiva has created a fix for this problem.
Everything Listed yesterday was straight through ebay.
I look at it this way.... I spend 9.95 here a month. For 9.95 I can get 33 templates on ebay. I list around 150 a month so 33 of the best will get the template.
I have never used any of the other features here so no big deal.
Having read the other post about ebay possibly next year removing template feature. I think I better start now and not hold my breath waiting for change.
My understanding, from previous history is that you have to have MORE than one photo for enable to show up and stay on there....and you have to physically add those others...IF you check that box and only have one photo it will not stick.

So if you have 10 in top box...you physically have to put 10 in enable box. I would like to have seen this duplicate photos in the top so we do not have to go in and click, click, click them all over again.

Now...I could be wrong...
Hi Community,

Thanks for your additional comments. As it stands now, the images present in the Auctiva Image Selection section do *not* automatically appear in the “Optional eBay Gallery Images” section when you enable that option, so adding this option to listings does require re-selecting the desired images as well as checking the box.

However, we are currently working on updating our system to make it so the images from the Auctiva Image Selection section will automatically become selected in the Optional eBay Gallery images section when that option is selected and we expect to have that change in place soon, potentially by the end of this month.

We are also aware of the issue Ebayland mentioned that can cause potential buyers who attempt to view the Auctiva supersized image page through Apple mobile devices (such as iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) and our technical team is looking into potential solutions for that behavior.

That being said, since eBay just announced that they will be making a change to their mobile app and/or website next month which may make it so images embedded in the description will no longer show through mobile devices, it seems possible that the links to the supersized image page will no longer show up as well.

-Mike
Am I remembering correctly that we HAVE to have more than one photo for the enable optional to show up. If we have one even if we check the box...it does not show as optional. I know lately on new listings, I have started taking one regular and one close up of EVERYTHING even things that I only really need one.

I could be wrong...hopefully auctiva can verify that.
Hi lookandbuyme,

No, you do not need to check the box next to "Enable Optional eBay Gallery Images" unless there is more than one image you would like to be displayed in the header and gallery areas of your listing. If you are only using one image for a listing, you just need to place that image in the boxes labeled “eBay Header Image” and “Gallery Image” within the Auctiva Image Selection section.

-Mike
Thanks that is what I thought.

This is GREAT news!!! Little snippets of time saved helps all of us!

quote:
However, we are currently working on updating our system to make it so the images from the Auctiva Image Selection section will automatically become selected in the Optional eBay Gallery images section when that option is selected and we expect to have that change in place soon, potentially by the end of this month.

I hate they are messing with phone photos...as on my phone my listings actually look better than I think they do on computer.

Thanks
Having spent the last week listing directly to ebay I have observed a couple of things.
The speed to upload pictures there is about the same or slower than Auctiva.
Having said that I have also noticed when croping a photo it looks 100 percent better on ebay than auctivas.
Also people have told me that they find it much easier on there phone to use the pictures the way ebay has it set up at top than in the listing.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.