Skip to main content

After years of having the problem of the descriptions loading separate from the rest of the listing (the old blank description problem), for 4 weeks in a row now it has worked perfectly. The old discussions on this had auctiva saying it was a hardware problem and that we needed to get a different routers. I didn't do that, but knock on wood, all seems to be working well. Something changed over there. Does anyone know what? I'm using Chrome (I'm not holding my breath that Sea Monkey will ever work with Auctiva) on a very old machine and even with that, the listings take about 25% of the time they used to for a completed listing to save and reload. Hopefully this will become the norm
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Greg T,

We are glad to hear that you are getting better response time when you are working on the Auctiva site.

I did want to comment that actually, Auctiva has not previously said that people having difficulty had a hardware problem or that they needed to get different routers. We have suggested to people that they check how they have their hardware configured, as some configuration settings can interfere. Mostly this is software running on the user's computer and are things like browsers being used, browser settings, virus checkers, firewalls, and the like. These are things our Support team has run into while helping Auctiva users who were experiencing problems.

In the case of routers, our program code is indifferent to what routers our users may have, and we have no way in our program code to even detect the make or model of router a user has.

Routers are small, but complex pieces of hardware, and there are a very large number of makes and models of routers. We don't evaluate or test routers. As a result, we have no opinions on which routers our users should or should not use. They should all work reasonably well if they are configured properly.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.