Skip to main content

I get this error message every time I use the uploader:

Title: "Security Warning"

"Allow access tot he following application from this web site?

Web Site: http://www.auctiva.com

Application: com.auctiva.uploader.image.AuctivaIm ...
Publisher: Auctiva Corporation

This web site is requesting access and control of the Java application shown above. Allow access only if you trust the web site and know that the application is intended to run on this site."

Buttons: "Allow" and "Do Not Allow"

I am running Java 7 Update 45. I understand this is some sort of certificates issue and it cannot be solved without the help of the company you outsource your uploader to, and that is fine. But is there any way I can use the old uploader while creating listings? I do not want to have to bulk upload and the candy pick the images for that listing because my items are visually similar and I need to sort them by folders. Or if you could pay a company that uses Flash to support your Chrome and Firefox uses that would be even better. Java is always a problem with everybody. Or maybe HTML5? All these would be good things.... Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Oh this is nothing new...I have been getting this for so long even BEFORE they introduced the new uploader. Filed a support request, did everything they suggested, did alot of things I thought of on my own, and I'm STILL seeing this. It's really a pita Frown

And I can only click 'allow' for so long before it completely blocks me from use and makes me download Java (AGAIN)...no kidding, without exaggeration I have downloaded Java at least 12 times in the last few months. ALL old versions are gone, I made sure to uninstall anything still lingering on my computer, even cookies.

It seems to me it should be an easy fix on their part (between them and Oracle/Java) but you'd think they would have done it already.

OK rant over, but you are not the only one Smile

EDIT--here's a link to the OLD uploader, but I have the same problem there too
http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx
Last edited by member8880
May help:

Starting with 7u45, application developers can specify new JAR manifest file attributes:
Application-Name: This attribute provides a secure title for your RIA.
Caller-Allowable-Codebase: This attribute specifies the codebase/locations from which JavaScript is allowed to call Applet classes.
JavaScript to Java calls will be allowed without any security dialog prompt only if:
JAR is signed by a trusted CA, has the Caller-Allowable-Codebase manifest entry and JavaScript runs on the domain that matches it.
JAR is unsigned and JavaScript calls happens from the same domain as the JAR location.
The JavaScript to Java (LiveConnect) security dialog prompt is shown once per Applet classLoader instance.
Application-Library-Allowable-Codebase: If the JNLP file or HTML page is in a different location than the JAR file, the Application-Library-Allowable-Codebase attribute identifies the locations from which your RIA can be expected to be started.
If the attribute is not present or if the attribute and location do not match, then the location of the JNLP file or HTML page is displayed in the security prompt shown to the user.
Note that the RIA can still be started in any of the above cases.
Restore Security Prompts:
A new button is available in the Java Control Panel (JCP) to clear previously remembered trust decisions. A trust decision occurs when the user has selected the Do not show this again option in a security prompt. To show prompts that were previously hidden, click Restore Security Prompts. When asked to confirm the selection, click Restore All. The next time an application is started, the security prompt for that application is shown.

Sooo... i did some digging. It turns out the problem is that Auctiva is not signing the JAR and adding the correct manifest entry. So... not a java problem, it's an Auctiva problem. I am looking into creating a Rule Set so I may not be annoyed anymore....

[edit]
Nope, on second thought... not gonna do it. I would have to sign the ruleset jar and I'm not paying for that... let alone the pain to configure greasemonkey to replace the applet that is called on the auctiva page with my own...

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.