Skip to main content

Boy, I've probably become a real pest with auctiva tech support. I'm in the learning curve period with only one auction posted through auctiva, and I'm having many issues (but I am asking a lot of questions because I like what you guys are doing - I just have to understand it better). Some issues I was able to work through myself and support helped me with a few others. Here are a few strange things that are still out there pending:

1) When posting thru auctiva, I entered my state's sales tax and said to only charge for sales to my state (NJ, 6%). The problem is that this info never made it to ebay! My listing is active now on ebay and there is no reference to sales tax at all. Today I had a sale to a NJ resident and I am legally responsible for collecting the tax, but the buyer wasn't charged (and it's not the buyer's fault). Since a sale has been made, I cannot revise the listing anymore.

2) Same sale as above: I received an email from auctiva saying 'great job for charging insurance', and that I made .25 commission. I never consciously told auctiva to offer insurance. I did, however, charge $1.75 for insurance in the auction - but I didn't want auctiva to glam that up. I read other posts here saying to request refund of insurance charged from auctiva. Should I do that? How do I avoid this in the future? It's weird - I've sold like 7 items in this particular listing and this was the only time this happened.

3) One of the computers I use is my corporate computer which is on a permission lock-down (meaning I cannot install anything). It does not have macromedia Flash installed, and therefore I cannot see my 'auctiva store'. Instead, I see 2 lines of HTML where the store should be. I sent auctiva's S. Seufert a direct email with a screen shot because your tech support cannot duplicate the issue and they probably think i'm nuts.

4) Along with many other posts on this board, i would love to see the checkout process. May I suggest an mpg video with the demo on the auctiva site?

5) I spent 30 minutes or so setting up folders on auctiva to sort my (imported) listings. Today all of my folders are gone and the 'imported listings' folder (which i deleted yesterday) is back.

6) This one was sent to S. Seufert also - this is a copy from that email:
I understand that Auctiva is providing the listing service at no charge, and it's truly a GREAT service which aparently has even better improvements on the way. Since it's (currently?) a free service, it's totally understandable that you would want the Auctiva banners and ads on all listings - HOWEVER may I suggest better placement? When someone clicks on my listing, Auctiva ads are the VERY FIRST thing they see in the description, then there are 4 other ads/links (plus a 5th for Sellathon) below my item description. I think it might be a bit excessive. Certainly the first one (up on top of my listing) is misplaced - I really don't have an issue with the ones below the listing. Also, I LOVE the Auctiva store (which I don't see on my computer because of the issue above, but I looked at it on another computer), but I would like to place it BELOW the listing instead of on top. Is that possible? (and if not, can you submit that as a suggestion too? A user-definable placement would be a great improvement).

Thanks again!! I really appreciate the help from your support team, and I very much like using Auctiva!
Original Post
Update to above issues:

Issue 1) I submitted the issue as a support case. The answer I received is that it appears that I set up the checkout correctly and that they would forward the issue on to the developers. Issue not closed.

Issue 2) I did some digging into this. I dunno why but the email I referred to above was just one of 7 that I actually should have received. I didn't know about the insurance thing and would not have wanted that. My 'account balance' on the insurance is $4.20 right now. I found and changed the default to not have the insurance. Can I request the $4.20 be credited back? (and if so, how do I request?)

Issue 3) no updates

Issue 4) On second thought - I dunno that mpg would be too practical, but PLEASE whatever format is used, make it 100% complete so that we can see EXACTLY what our customers see and experience. I would hate to get blind-sided by a customer who informs me how (my choice of) auction management performs.

Issue 5) It's not just the folders that disappeared. The profiles did too.

Issue 6) From reading other posts, I understand that I can manually put the store on the bottom by cutting/pasting the html code, but WHERE am I cutting from? Is it on the html tab of the listing entry screen? I don't recall seeing the store code in there. The Auctiva ad located ABOVE my listing is very irritating. P-L-E-A-S-E give very strong consideration to removing that one!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.