Skip to main content

I have listed all my items on e-bay previously and then joined auctiva, filling in profiles etc. Now I have just gone onto ebay direct to put in one of my items to do a search on and none of my items do not come up? Looking on community it says I have no items for sale under my user id lisa1301. What have i done wrong
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, all items get pulled temporarily and it only happens at the time of joining Auctiva (seems Auctiva still do not tell new clients Mad ), once you account is deemed ok (i.e. not hijacked) all reappears and then you only get the indexing delay occuring to newly submitted listings Smile

Probably best to join Auctiva a day or two after your prime time sales day, some don't and get justifiably upset when all listings are pulled as they are finishing, no refunds either Mad
Hi booklady, it has been going on for so long now I can't recall any reply in these boards and certainly no direct repsonse.

It is almost as though some eBay complacency is taking hold of Auctiva so when potential clients panic and leave without saying anything they need not worry "plenty more around" about why they left.

From what I have seen looking around for another online auction house in which to sell cheaper items in the UK (due to eBay fees and their appalling attitude to shop inventory format and searches . ... but that's another beef) Auctiva appear to be in a totally different league to any others for tools and bulk uploading facilities. Others mainly seem to use spreadsheets to bulk upload with.

So perhaps their superior position and links to probably the dominant global on-line auction venue is tainting them. I do hope not.
Good question jojojousa, and very wise to come to the discussion boards to ask. If your auctions have 2 days left to go this would be a great time to activate your token. You will have a short period of time that your auctions will be unsearchable due to ebay making sure your account was not hijacked but with 2 days to go on them. I feel you would not be hurt by this. As you know most of the activity in an auction happens in the final hours and seconds.
And all the "FREE" stuff is truly free no strings attached Big Grin
I am a total newbie, so if I sound ignorant its because I am! I don't have active listings on Ebay and have just started building my store and creating listings on Auctiva. I'm just saving the listings until I have everything ready to go. Do I need to worry about this problem? Also what are the tokens many of you have been talking about? Thanks!
I am unsure as to saving the listings. I believe you will be OK because you have not created your eBay token yet but cannot guarantee it.
The token is what you generate in order for Auctiva to be able to access eBay to post your auctions for you without you cannot post them through Auctiva as eBay will not give them access to your account. Are you sure you did not generate a token already? It has been awhile since I signed up but I thought that was one of the things that needed done at the beginning.

You are right on the store it is too good to be true. If you are running an eBay store your Auctiva store does not replaceit. You still need the eBay store Frown
The basic eBay store at least allows some limited customisation of the listings and facility to add a logo to the invoices of eBay's checkout.

And of course the shop inventory format for which my jury is still out on the usefulness of that.

Taz, when I joined up with Auctiva I already had an eBay store so the question did not come up whether it was a prequsite to opening an Auctiva store front. I had better check that out Confused

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.