Skip to main content

I came here today to post a legitimate concern but was sick to see all the negative trash being spewed. At least you guys are here responding to people. Try going to another company on the internet and see if they'll even give you the time of day. Few if any even respond to support issues and if they do it may take a week or more. At least we know you guys are here every day reading this stuff. I couldn't believe some of the people complaing because they couldn't get a response Christmas eve or Christmas day. It's the holidays and the country is in a period of reconciliation and I don't have any patience with people talking trash and bashing support people.

Anyway, in the spreadsheet you have several columns that you can enter data such as shipping method and insurance number. Could these items be included on the data card? I know you are trying to wean people away from using the data card but frankly I like it. It allows me to see a summary of things being done with the sale. Also, when I use the drop down menu I have a hard time finding my selection so I use the data card because it's more familiar. I'd also like to see the invoice number on the data card.

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Phil
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Phil,

I was probably one of the ones who hollered the loudest when the early beta versions we were testing didn't have a Data Card. How could I survive without a Data Card??!! Auctiva put one in and I used it for awhile, but now I can't remember when I've opened up a data card on an auction. It is so much faster to select the auction row and fill in the information than opening and closing data cards.

I have a feeling that once you would get comfortable with the spreadsheet method you too would not be using the Data Card. Choose a time when you don't have a bunch of auctions to deal with and give it a try. It will be confusing and strange-feeling at first, but soon it becomes very quick and efficient.

My father had a saying ... *if you aren't goin' forward, then you are backin' up* and I think Auctiva is trying to go foward and users are trying to back up.

Just a suggestion from a user who also hated to give up the Data Card.
Thank you paintpower. I will try to use the spreadsheet more in the future. I do use the drop down menu when I'm doing several auctions at once. The confusing part for me is the invoicing. Sometimes when I have combined several items under one inoice and I look at the invoice later it only has a single item listed. Other times I'll try to print an ivoice but I'll get an error message that no invoice number has been assigned. An invove has been assigned because I sent a congrats e-mail and the invoice was included with that. I appreciate the feedback.

Phil
Phil,

I think Auctiva does need to still work on the Invoice portion of this. I would like to see the Invoice as a part of the regular email instead of an attachment because of the virus fear that people have. However, I've had no buyers email me that they were afraid to open the attachment. I've even had some print it out and return with their payment, which was really nice.

Auctiva needs to also cut down the size of the Invoice so it is only one page. I really don't think all that Credit Card information on there is necessary, plus there is a lot of wasted space below the buyer's name and address that could be used.

When I first started using the newer program, I ran dual programs for a week or so. I used the old program as a back-up in case something didn't go right in the newer one. I gradually quit using the older program and started using the newer one.

I think you'll like the spreadsheet and Invoice part of it once you get used to using it and figure out all the bells and whistles (which this program has more of than the older Ebud or Manager programs)

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.