Skip to main content

I have seen an announcement from Ebay UK that it will become mandatory for business sellers to have the following returns questions info on every listing shortly:

After receiving the item, your buyer should cancel the purchase within: 14 days, 30 days, 60 days

Return postage will be paid by: Buyer, Seller

These two options are already available to UK users who list directly on Ebay UK but on Auctiva these two questions do not appear on the returns tab so I can not fill them in directly on Auctiva.
This will cause considerable disruption to the listing process and would like to know when these options will be added to the Auctiva returns template, if at all.

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi rainonthewindow,

Thanks for checking in with us about this change. We are aware that eBay has recently added the option for eBay UK sellers to specify a Return Time Frame and Who pays for return postage when accepting returns and we intend to add these options to our lister page as part of an upcoming site update.

I am unable to provide a specific estimate of when these new eBay UK Return Policy options will be added at the moment, but I will update this thread to let you know as soon as any additional information on this topic becomes available.

If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Hi Mike

I have just checked some of my listings and Ebay are defaulting the settings because I am not entering them myself. They are defaulting to "Seller pays return postage" which most sellers don't want. Therefore I will need to manually revise every single listing I make after they have fired through to Ebay until this change is made. As you can appreciate this would be extremely time consuming and could be quite costly if returns take a sudden uplift.
Therefore I feel this change is rather urgent and should be made before the next site update so to keep all the UK Auctiva users updated with Ebay site changes and stop them losing money on returns.
Please treat as a matter of urgency.
Thank you
Hi rainonthewindow,

Thanks for sharing this additional information with us. We have just updated our eBay UK lister page to support these new options, so you should now see two additional drop down menus labeled "Item must be returned within" and "Return shipping will be paid by" when you specify that you will accept returns while listing through Auctiva.

If you encounter any difficulties when using these new options, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.