Skip to main content

Relatively new here but find it odd that so many had problems yesterday and still no real word from Auctiva -only thing we got was that our images are still there (yesterday afternoon) and they weren't. Postings never did post. Is this the normal routine? If so, what good is it? Money lost isnt worth the savings if this is the normal way things are dealt with.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sadly it is becoming normal. Below is a a copy of the support ticket I just sent in.

Yesterday I scheduled over 30 listings to go live overnight. Not one of them was poated and when I look at the error it jus says "Failure" which is pretty obvious. What went wrong. This is not the first time this has happenned and combined with the image hosting problems mean I am losing money and wasting a huge chunk of my time. Not waht I joined Auctiva for !!!
Please let me know what is going on."

Regards

Steve
I too had auctions that were scheduled to post last night - and more than I care for failed to post, the others posted later than they should have and will now close after people have gone to bed. I also had many auctions end last night that went without images for the vast majority of the day and no doubt didn't sell, or sold for only the miniumum bid (that was placed days ago), because of the lack of images.

I understand that stuff happens and servers go down, etc. What I don't understand is why Auctiva never realized - or did realize but didn't do anything about it until far too late to help many of us - that the site had been having severe problems, both listing and images, all day long yestderday.

I also fail to understand the outrageous lack of communication from Auctiva about this - and past - problems with the site. Had I known that the listing difficulties would have continued for ALL DAY (and if I could have) I would have unscheduled everthing that was supposed to start last night and moved them over to my other (more reliable) service. Had I known the images were going to be missing for all day yestderday - and indeed, for parts of the days before yesterday - I would have pulled the running auctions that didn't have bids already.

Auctiva should - but apparently doesn't - realize how unprofessional it is to not communicate to its users regarding the status of problems such as these, and any fixes in the works. It is not "an inconvenience" when they occur, it results in an inability to feed my family.
Hi,
I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one having issues yesterday. I started up my account yesterday morning, spent the entire day understanding the in's and out's of this site. Then last night after I thought I had figured it all out, I spent 2 hours listing items just to find out that none of them listed. Then this morning I finally able to list, just to find out that none of the pictures loaded. I understand that things happen, but now have to spend an entire day re-listing items and double what I didn't list yesterday. I really hope that this doesn't happen often.
Hi Community,

We are currently working to address the current image loading problem and, according to our current estimates, all Auctiva hosted images will be available again within 15 minutes to 1 hour.

I will post more information to the following thread when it becomes available:

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/838609941/m/2301075781

Thank you for understanding.

-Mike
I was just wondering how much longer before they think the photo upload thing will be fixed? I don't dare list much until this is fixed with Auctiva. Yes, I could go to Ebay, but Auctiva's imaging is the best there is. Ebay's picture services do not hold a candle to Auctiva. Auctiva, can you say for sure or a good idea when the uploading image problem will be fixed?

Thank you.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.