Skip to main content

I've used Auctiva for several years but since getting a new computer I'm unable to type into the item description area.

In addition, the item description area is blank in previously listed items. They're still showing in ebay but when pulled up in Auctiva the description is blank.

Can anyone help me fix this issue?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

or you can try switching to the new (read that years old) editor the checkbox is somewhere in account settings a quick help ticket will point you exactly where. as to the missing item descriptions if your eBay categories are also missing the issue is that when eBay changed a lot of categories, almost a year ago, that caused Auctiva when it didn't;t find a category to not display the item descriptions. Auctiva at the time I mentioned this would cause a lot of trouble for the unsuspecting and it seems as though it maybe happening
Last edited by edneff
Hi Community,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. If you are unable to see the description editor on the Auctiva lister page and you are using the Internet Explorer 10.0 browser, I suspect you encountering a compatibility issue between that specific browser and the older description editor which is still enabled in some accounts.

Assuming that is the case, in order to be able to view and edit your descriptions using the Internet Explorer 10.0 browser, you will just need to update your account to use the newer description editor we have available. This can be done by mousing over the “My Account” tab within your account, selecting the “Account Preferences” option, checking the box next to “Use Design Editor v2.0” in the Listing Management section and then clicking the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

We have been gradually phasing out the older version of the description editor and it has not been available in new accounts for quite some time now. As part of this process, if you update your account to use the newer editor, it also will not be possible to resume using the older one once again.

Since this particular issue is specific to the Internet Explorer 10.0 browser, as trinkets mentioned, you should also be able to work around the issue by using either the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers if you would prefer.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact (of follow up with) our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the option that best fits your situation.

-Mike
Hi lenaeva,

Also, I just reviewed the support case you filed regarding the issue of the Item Condition and Custom Item Specifics options not showing up for the eBay Germany categories you have been using and am pleased to report that we have just updated our system such that those options are now showing up.

If you encounter any further difficulties of that nature moving forward, please follow up with us through your open support case on the subject and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.