Skip to main content

I can't seem to figure out how I can place my lstings in any of the categories or sub categories that are within my custom template.

A designer created my ebay template (he's off for the weekend so I can't reach him) and I can't figure out how to achieve this feat...

For instance, I'd like to place it in the skirt category and also in long skirts etc..

I'm not speaking of Ebay's categories.

Please explain this to me in the simplest of terms... I'm not savvy when it comes to puter lingo..

Thanks so much!

Lisa
A smile is the best facelift -Joni Mitchell
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Lisa,

You say you are "Not speaking of eBay's categories."

Are you talking about categories in your eBay Store? If so, you will have to create the categories you want through your eBay Store. Then you can place them in the desired category through Auctiva.

However, if you actually mean "eBay's categories" I believe you will be defeating any purpose you might have for listing on eBay.

First, I haven't checked it out, but I am sure you cannot create, or post, a listing without using an eBay category. I'm pretty sure it will get kicked back awaiting a category selection.

Besides, if you could, how would anyone ever find your listing. eBay categories are used for prospective customers to search and find your items.

I do not have, never have had, a designer created template (I am really satisfied with the many templates Auctiva has to offer), but you will still have to use a listing page to create your listing. This will either be on eBay, in TL, or Auctiva.

In the Listing page you will be given the opportunity to select your Custom template.

Sorry for such a long answer. I'll try to be less wordy next time. Wink
HI! Thanks so much for the input but I'm still lost with this:

Hi Lisa,

Are you talking about categories in your eBay Store? ANSWER: YES

If so, you will have to create the categories you want through your eBay Store. Then you can place them in the desired category through Auctiva.

ANSWER:
I've created them on my Custom auction page template and on my Ebay store template but what do I do next? I can't understand... Please please take me step by step through the process?
I need for people to find my items once they're IN my store.

Would it help if I gave you a link to my template? My Ebay Store is called Anything She Wantz.

(BTW, Sorry about the delay but Earthlink has been(and still is) down in Los Angeles.) I'm on dial-up now. *moan

Thanks so much,

Lisa
Sorry, but I have a bad headache ... so I hope I'm making sense... I can't find where I'm to go on Auctiva to complete this task...

While I'm listing while on Auctiva, I see where I'm to click on the Ebay categories that I want my listing to be in... But... where I'm having the difficulty, is how to list my item in my own categories (the categories that I've created on my Ebay templates).
Sorry, I'm so much pain that I don't seem to be articulating my thoughts very well.... I'll try to add to this...

Posted August 01, 2007 01:01 PM

HI! Thanks so much for the input but I'm still lost with this:

Hi Lisa,

Are you talking about categories in your eBay
Store?

ANSWER: YES AND I'm speaking of the categories that I've also placed on my Ebay Auction template and another template page or two(the designer created a number of pages...

I'd come up with categories and subcategories... So, on my auction template.. on may be dress, then when they click on dress, it should then take them to my store where it has subcategories such as mini (dress)... and then they can click on that category...

If so, you will have to create the categories you want through your eBay Store. Then you can place them in the desired category through Auctiva.

ANSWER:
I've created them on my Custom auction page template and on my Ebay store template but what do I do next on Auctiva? I can't understand... Please please take me step by step through the process? Once I'm on Auctiva, I can't find a way to accomplish this...

I need for people to find my items once they're on my auction temp., my store or on some other category pages that within my listings... I'd listed on Ebay.

I hope to God that this makes sense.

Thanks so much,

Lisa
This is the designer on Lisa's behalf:

Does anyone have a set of instructions or a HELP link on how to list an item in a specific eBay Store Category using Auctiva?

ex: If selling a pair of men's shoes, it should be listed under Men's Shoes in her eBay Store. How is that category assigned?

BroJames said:
you will have to create the categories you want through your eBay Store. Then you can place them in the desired category through Auctiva.

The categories are created in the eBay Store, but how is listing within those categories accomplished?

I apologize for the repetition, but I want to be clear.
O.K., got it!!

When you open a New Listing from the Listing Tab in Auctiva and go down to the 3rd section you will see the option for:

First eBay Store Category
Second eBay Store Category

Select the drop down menu and your store categories will be available for you to select.

BTW, if you have not done so, you will need to go to My Accounts tab > eBay Settings. Here you will be able to "Update Store Categories from eBay," and also, "Update Combined Shipping Discounts from eBay."

Also, this is no problem. I, too, am one of those that have to have things spelled out step by step.

If you have not done so, I would highly suggest you go to Help at the very top of the Auctiva page and watch/listen to all the videos and read the FAQ. There is a lot of help here. AND, keep coming back with your questions.

Hope this helps, and have a blessed day!
In addition to the above; I'm sure you are aware that you will need to be running some auctions in order to drive people to your eBay Store. Store items are not included in eBay searches.

I use my store to park items that are slow movers. That way, when someone is looking at an active auction, they can click on the link to my store to see other items running only in my store.

The Auctiva scrolling gallery really helps a lot with this as well.

Be sure to put your store link in your About Me page as well.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.