Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah. You have to resize them. I am using 1.2 MP (megapixels) on my camera. I had a ton of pictures taken yesterday that were NOW too big. They used to NOT be too big, but they were yesterday. I wasn;t going to resize every single one, so I just reset the size of my picture and had to retake them all. It works fine for me now. I thought the size of my pictures in my auctions would be smaller, but they aren't. It looks exactly the same. No clue why, but it all works good now.

--- style-at-its-finest (on ebay)
Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. We are receiving reports of intermittent image uploading problems from a number of customers, and it appears this is occurring due to disk space errors on our systems. We are going to be installing some new hardware later this week which we believe will address this problem, and I'll post again to this section of the forum once that hardware has been installed.

In the mean time, if you are receiving "Failed" messages when trying to upload your images, the first thing I recommend doing with respect to this situation is checking the sizes of a couple of the images you are having trouble uploading, which you can do by right-clicking each image file and selecting the "Properties" option.

If you find that your images are larger than 1024 x 768 px, I recommend resizing your images to between 400 x 300 px and 1024 x 768 px and then trying to upload them again. If you find that your images are already in the recommended size range, or you are still unable to upload them after resizing them to fit within that range, you are most likely being affected by a known image uploading issue we are dealing with right now.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
I have not had problems loading pictures in the past, however, this last week and this week I continue to have fail messages. I have tried all the suggestions they have given me, i.e. delete browsing history, cookies, and then shut my computer, but I still have problems. What is so frustrating is having to enter your user codes and passwords again and again. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know how to resize, I've never had to resize photos before. In addition, I would go through my images and delete the ones I don't use, but I continue to have problems, please someone HELP THIS GRANDMA.
Hello all! I just joined up on this last night and am still getting used to it....I'm trying to list my first item and can't get the picture to load. Now, I'm a novice so have patience...I go to the upload select an image (I have Kodak easyshare) and send the image to my documents. From there I click on to open it and nothing....how do I get my picture up? I don't know how to put it in a folder because I can't get it to do anything....can someone please help me step by step and remember I'm really new at this....
quote:
Originally posted by avondiva98:
Hello all! I just joined up on this last night and am still getting used to it....I'm trying to list my first item and can't get the picture to load. Now, I'm a novice so have patience...I go to the upload select an image (I have Kodak easyshare) and send the image to my documents. From there I click on to open it and nothing....how do I get my picture up? I don't know how to put it in a folder because I can't get it to do anything....can someone please help me step by step and remember I'm really new at this....

Me again - funny thing - I went to Ebay to post there - took me all of 3 min to get the same item that has taken me 5 hrs and still not posted here....please tell me this is unusual because I'm pretty disappointed right now after all my hard work and NOTHING!
quote:
quote:

Me again - funny thing - I went to Ebay to post there - took me all of 3 min to get the same item that has taken me 5 hrs and still not posted here....please tell me this is unusual because I'm pretty disappointed right now after all my hard work and NOTHING!
Hi Community,

We just installed a new web server yesterday afternoon, which we hope will resolve the image uploading problems that many of you have reported in this thread. If you continue receive "Failed" messages when uploading your images, please contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - While we hoped that installing the new hardware I mentioned in my last post would resolve the problem many of you are experiencing uploading images, it has become apparent more work still needs to be done to get to the bottom of this. Our technical team is aware that a subset of our users is having trouble uploading images and resolving this problem once and for all is our first priority at the moment.

I will update this thread when I have some additional information on this subject to share. In the mean time, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

-Mike
Hi Communiity,

Update - It appears the issue discussed in this thread is primarily causing many attempts to upload images that are larger than 1 MB in size to result in "Failed" messages. We are going to be replacing the current images uploader on our site with new ones that will support larger file sizes over the next couple months but, until then, you will need to make sure the images you are uploading into Auctiva are smaller than 1 MB in order to upload them successfully.

You can check the size of a given image file by right-clicking on that image file and selecting the "Properties" option. If you find that they are larger than 1 MB, you will have to resize them to less than 1 MB before you will be able to upload them successfully. If you are using a digital camera to take your photos, I recommend reducing the resolution in your digital camera picture configuration.

If you find that the images you are trying to upload are larger than 1 MB and you are still unable to upload them, please contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.