Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SmileGreat job, only one suggestion. I see you have the size chart (s) below the listing, you're going to find that you spend far more time answering questions about the measurements of the listed items. Everyone knows that every brand/style runs different and people want the exact measurements. It takes a little longer to list, but in the long run saves you a LOT of time in having to answer the emails. (Just a suggestion). Good luck to you. www.sassyssavings.com
I like the colors and you're listings are friendly. However, I'm not a big fan on centered text. When I first started on eBay, I used centered text. As I progressed, I began using left text. To me, it appears much more professional. Left text is how we all normally read most everything. Why should our eBay listings be any different?

I've tried the measuring charts as well. They work but you 'will' receive customers with questions on measurements. Then you have to go pull the item and measure it for them. I also feel sales went down without measurements. I think some buyers just click out of listings without measurements. I dislike doing measurements but I've decided they're necessary.

I'm not a fan of colored text, unless it is a soft color. I would take the pink/purple text and use it for the words 'Brand New' and then make the rest of the text regular color. Be careful using the word -- Macy*s. I know for a fact, if you're reselling Macy*s overstock using their name is forbidden. I won't turn you in but there are TONS of busy bodies out there who will. Just say something like a 'leading' or 'famous' department store. People who shop Macy's know, INC is a in house brand name.

In my opinion, less is more when it comes to listings. Truth be told, most buyers do not read listings. You stand a better chance if your listings are very easy to read and short and sweet. I would edit your listings and make them shorter.

I hope you don't mind my input. I love designing and creating beautiful storefronts and listing templates. It curbs my creative urges, lol. It took me a long time to get my listings and storefront (still working on it) where I want them but it's been worth it.

You're on the right track, keep going, keep improving. You'll get it in no time at all.

Good job! Smile
I agree with some of the comments about the centered text and colors, but that is something you will fool around with and refine over time as all of us have.

Overall your hard work shows, your shop looks like it is run by a serious and professional seller.

Most important thing to me is to unclutter as much as possible. Make sure there is not so much text that people overlook the important stuff, that is your terms of service. Again, that all gets refined with experience.

One question, about "the bidding starts at 80-90% and buy it now at 70%" did you me of retail or off retail? That is two different things. Maybe I read it wrong, but you might check that.
quote:
One question, about "the bidding starts at 80-90% and buy it now at 70%" did you me of retail or off retail?

I was actually wondering about that too. If you mean that a $10 item starts in your store at $8.00 I'm not sure that's an excellent thing to point out considering that a lot of people come to eBay looking for bargains. 10-20% off might not be such a great deal once you figure in shipping.
I agree with the rest of the pack. Your store is great and you can tell you put some work into it. I think you should stick with one color text though and maybe use a more stylish font since your banner is very stylish and maybe use either left or full page text. You have some nice items for sale on there. I hope you do well with it. Good Luck to you!!
Thank you all for the comments. I will definitely be changing some things and trying to make it cleaner and less cluttered. The new seller templates here help separate sections, though I had to re-organize (again) my formats. I still have over 150 pieces of clothing to get into the store-- I'll make that a priority first and tweak while I'm doing that. THANKS again for all the awesome comments!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.