Skip to main content

I havent even begun to start listing my auctions using your service. The more I read about all the problems I am wondering if I should even begin to list my auctions with you. I would appreciate any input from users or agents. I know just this Sunday Feb 26th your site was extremely slow.
Thanks,
Heatherly
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

heatherly, i must tell you that when I irst signed up (Novemeber, I think)--this service was FABULOUS!!! I wondered how I EVER sold on eBay without Auctiva. It was FAST, fluid & EASY!!

Then the service provider (servers/bandwidth/etc) began to fail Auctiva...AND Auctiva was in the process of upgrading their service & adding new & improved features....there are threads with more detail if you look around---

...so, Jeff's been shopping around for a new provider of bandwidth & just signed a few days ago--they promise to meet the demand for bandwith (details in the 2/24 post by Jeff in the NEWS forum)...once that's all in place, things should be BETTER THAN EVER! I'm hanging in there & waiting, because I KNOW how it used to be & believe it's going to be even better. (Estimated transition is next week, I think.)

Hope that gives you some sense of what to expect!

OH--and don't forget to DCDFF! "DUMP COOKIES & DELETE FILES frequently" (in IE, anyway) or whatever you have to do to clear the cache in the browser you're using.

I can't tell you how many times this simple operation has brought everything back to normal for me!
hippo, what do you mean? I always thought it was highly recommended to "clean your tracks' so-to-speak. When you leave cookies & previously-visited web pages in your cache, your computer automatically reverts back to what stored there, unless it's time to renew the page or you manually force a refresh with the shift button, doesn't it? So if you were getting an error, you'll just continue to get it--that's the way I understand it. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, hippo!

And kc, clearing my cache resolved MANY issues for me including loading "create an ad" page, access all around the the Auctiva site, red x boxes, my scrolling window problem, AND supersizing my Auctiva pix in my auctions!?

It may NOT be the answer for everyone, but it REALLY helped me and I don't see how it can hurt.

heatherly in the Opening Post was asking for input from users here--I've had loads of problems, but found the above a way to do something pro-active without having to wait for technical support to respond and it's something that ended up or resolving many of my access & picture issues on this site.

If it was me & I couldn't list for 10-cent Buy It Now, I'd start loading to Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting sites -- always good to have a back-up plan!
Last edited by crabby

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.