Skip to main content

I love the lister here and I talked my SIL who is an ebay novice into using this service for selling her crocheted items. I have not listed here personally so I was trying to walk her through it on the phone.

We got to the part where you could add a counter and I see that you can only use Sellathon counters. I was checking out sellathon and can't see where they offer any free counters. Do they? If not, is there any kind of tracking that is free that she can use and integrate with Auctiva?

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before but I'm not real swift when it comes to doing the search thingie and couldn't find where anyone has asked about the pricing of Sellathon counters.

Any help is appreciated. Smile

BTW, Hi to all the familiar faces here Smile
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi signsintime!
I'm still a newbie myself , so my reply might not be the definitive one but it'll get you started.

The sellathon counter integrated into the Auctiva lister is free, and it will count. However, you can only access it if you click on your own listing to see the count. Apparently, if you don't have a pay-per-month subscription to Sellathon you cannot access any info from their site.

There are FREE counters available from Andale and you can constantly monitor all your auctions from their site as well as resetting or changing the styles. They have MANY different styles which I like to coordinate to Auctiva's templates.

The only drawback to Andale is that you must add the counter AFTER it posts which just shows on your listing as an item added on bottom. (I don't think you can integrate Andale counters into Auctiva as Auctiva has an agreement with Sellathon) Once you give Andale your eBay ID they will monitor your account for any new listings not having a counter. It's VERY easy to do. They even have 'web counters' which you can add on your web page or your AboutMe page on eBay. They don't give you detailed info about your hits unless you suscribe , but you'll get all your counts in one place for FREE! We all pay enough fees as it is!!

Most eBay listings have a link to Andale by the counter. Once you're there click on Auction Tools then Free counters. HTH Jeff
Thanks for the reply, Oldhead! So...she could have chosen sellathon counter at time of listing even tho she's got no sellathon account?

I walked her through revising and adding an Andale counter to each one, but it's all new to her and it took a painfully looooooong time to get her seven ads revised with me providing the "technical support" by phone. Meanwhile I had other things I should have been doing (like working) so I am just trying to find the simplest methods for her to learn. At least she can see the count without actually going to her ad with the Andale ones.

Just so I have it straight...if she had selected "add sellathon counter" on the listing page, would the hits then show up in the active listings? Or do you have to go to each ad at ebay, scroll down to the counter, and then click to see your stats? It would be kind of pointless to do that since you already saw the clicks if you had to go into the ad. LOL See? I told you I'm not too swift at this. And it's like the blond leading the blond with me trying to show her. She's doomed and doesn't know it. :-)
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi signsintime,

Yep, if you choose to add the Sellathon counter from the lister page, your counter hits will be displayed on your Auctiva active listings page.

-Mike

Woo-hoo!! And to think I didn't think it could be that simple so I told her not to do it. LOL We will know for the next batch coming up! Thanks!! Love the site, by the way.
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
HI Jeri!!!!

Welcome, Your sister is very talented, those dresses are beautiful.

Thanks Lisa! Great to see you here Big Grin

She is amazing when it comes to crochet. You should see these things in person. I don't know how she does it and she's FAST! One of these dolls only takes her 4 or 5 days to make. It would take me a lifetime. lol
quote:
Originally posted by oldhead:
Another new trick for an 'oldhead'!

Jeff,

You should sign up for the free trial of Sellathon counters. Not just the simple version that's included with Auctiva..but the full blown version. www.Sellathon.com

You receive a free month with your subscription to Auctiva.

YOU WILL LOVE the information you receive from Sellathon. Love, Love, Love the View Tracker!

You'll see where your buyers are coming from,(city, state, country) what key words they choose to find your auctions, the times that your auctions are visited the most, (what time zones etc your auctions are viewed in the most)

Check it out Mistah...what have you got to lose? It's a free trial.

If this oldhead can do it, so can you.
<smile>

Take care, Donna
Even after reading through these posts I'm still confused. Based on my experience, I understand that all we're eligible for through Auctiva is the 30-day free trial with the Sellathon counter. Is that correct?
(First the system wouldn't let me sign up for the Sellathon counter through Auctiva. Then I received an Auctiva e-mail basically saying, "why don't you sign up with Sellathon?" I followed the link and it indicated I'd have 30 days. So it's not a free service after that, right?)
Hi Community,

When you sign up for your Sellathon account, you'll be enrolled in a free 30-day trial of View Tracker and you'll be able to use the Sellathon counter on the Auctiva lister page.

Even if you do not continue with View Tracker, you'll always be able to use the free Sellathon counter on the Auctiva lister page.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.